Free Music Downloads

I wouldn't share the link if it wasn't legal. Would this be a good candidate for a sticky? Or maybe just put it in the Classic Threads thread.

I wouldn't share the link if it wasn't legal. Would this be a good candidate for a sticky? Or maybe just put it in the Classic Threads thread.

I know...it was just a polite reminder to folks who take up posting in this thread to keep it above board. The fact that your link was to a radio station was my first clue :tongue:

I'll sticky it this week and see how it goes...

CAUTION, USERS HAVE REPORTED MALWARE/ATTACKS FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE THAT WAS PROVIDED IN THIS POST. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

I have removed the link. The site can still be found, if you want to give it a go, by typing www, a dot, the word bearshare, and a dot com at the end. Again, others have reported attacks on their machines from this site, so please proceed with the utmost caution.

I'm sure this post from hobo had no malicious intent , but you may still want to run a quick scan of your machine if you spent time on this link.

Thanks,
Tiltsta and Trevan

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a free album download by the band The Sheepdogs. They are becoming really popular and have been recently featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

check them here and download their album, Big Stand, for free.

Sheepdogs

Here's a free album download by the band The Sheepdogs. They are becoming really popular and have been recently featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

check them here and download their album, Big Stand, for free.

Sheepdogs

Cool. Hadn't heard of these guys until the ruckus around being the first independent to be on the cover... Canadian too!

I heard them on the radio the other day while I was channel surfing outside the range of my usual stations. Didn't know who it was until the dj announced it afterwards. I enjoyed the tune...

If any of you happen to have access to Spotify my cd "This is Aliensporebomb" is available there for streaming free of charge. Took about 5 years to put together and it's basically my idea of a soundtrack for a film that doesn't exist.

A sampler of High definition FLAC audio files can be had here for the cost of your e-mail address.
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=login&redirectto=samplealbumdownload&ialbum_id=6446

The concept is interesting, but it raises some questions for me:

If it's better than all of the other formats I may already have for my favourite artist, do I have the gear to get the full advantage?
Certainly, it's better than any compressed digital format.

Is it worthwhile? Is there an artist or album that is worth the extra expense to buy the same music in yet another format?
That could be a good discussion thread, I guess. There's a "collector" element that dictates you get everything ever released by an artist. (I'm a borderline case.)
Is there one that you'd just have to have?

There is a band here in Michigan that is somewhat local to me called Silent Lapse.

Their album can be downloaded from their website for whatever you wish to pay for it, including for free if you so desire (unless they've changed it recently)

http://silentlapse.com/

I think it's pretty good stuff. It's metal along the lines of Opeth/Tool/Riverside. Right up Mo's alley, if no one else's here :embarrassed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back