The Biking Thread

Brit junior cyclist Lauren Dolan crashed heavily during her World Championship Individual Time Trial race. She switched bikes and kept going, finishing 27th out of 47.
21751922_1604835736254832_5777824936881745222_n.jpg

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Watch the whole thing.

since I'm old school I'm more interested in his moves banking off vertical walls, more than his use of pegs on the rails. When I was in high school we built our own BMX bikes out of Schwinn Stingrays since they didn't make BMX bikes yet. Our big moves were bunny hopping over small fences and up curbs and wheelie-ing down a couple flights of stairs. We also found natural jumps and our only airborne move was a cross-up. I love watching these guys nowadays.

since I'm old school I'm more interested in his moves banking off vertical walls, more than his use of pegs on the rails. When I was in high school we built our own BMX bikes out of Schwinn Stingrays since they didn't make BMX bikes yet. Our big moves were bunny hopping over small fences and up curbs and wheelie-ing down a couple flights of stairs. We also found natural jumps and our only airborne move was a cross-up. I love watching these guys nowadays.
Same here. Kinda the same with skate boarding for me. I was before vertical walls and skate parks, and there were no empty pools in tacoma. We could only read about it in the magazines. That we got riding our old stingrays.

Around 4th or 5th grade, I got a pre-BMX bike with coil spring shocks. It was heavy but fun for ramps. We kept making the ramps higher until I crashed going off one built from a saw horse. We didn't know to land on a transition so landing on flat pavement was the norm. messedup0

Nice little vid showing some of the local stomping grounds. Not that I ride those stomping grounds *exactly* like that. :wink: Would love to continue to improve my handling and cornering skills more in that direction.

Nice little vid showing some of the local stomping grounds. Not that I ride those stomping grounds *exactly* like that. :wink: Would love to continue to improve my handling and cornering skills more in that direction.

wrong link? nothing happening on that one.

beautiful
They mixed together a few trails there. We normally hike to that cabin, though I have ridden up near there. The views are as beautiful as they appear. Some of the rest of the scenes are on the back side of Bald Mountain (or so it appears) and one of the local flow trails. Nice little vid!

Do you guys have annual Turkey Day rides in your area where husbands sneak out and get an early morning ride in and then get in trouble for getting home at 11 while the turkey is cooking? Our Turkey Day ride is usually a mountain bike ride from a trailhead in Pasadena, and climbing 4500' in 10 miles up to the top of Mt Wilson. It's always beautiful and as I'm no longer married. nor living together with anyone since my last girlfriend it's all fun. I get my turkey dinners from Von's now and skip all the labor.

Back