jello's Bariatric journal...

Now that I've passed 6 months from surgery I have had to make a few adjustments...the prescription I had for Actigall, which protects the gall bladder from an all-liquid diet, has expired and the Doc says I can't extend it or there could be other issues...as a result I've had to cut down to NO MORE than one protein shake per day...so my daily intake looks slike this now...

Breakfast: 1 cup of protein-enriched Special K cereal with 3/4 cup of 1% mlk
Lunch: protein shake PLUS a 10 gram protein bar
Dinner: 3-4 ounces of a protein and 8 ounces of vegetable juice...occasionally I will have a couple whole wheat crackers as well
Dessert: WAS a Yoplait Light yogurt, now a Yoplait regular

The increased calorie intake has slowed the weight loss down and is being offset by an increase in exercise...at this point I am more than satisfied with a 1-2 pound per week weight loss rate...

I have also finally come to conclude that, for me, breaking 200 is the ultimate goal...when I hit 199 I will be satisfied...I'm already looking like a deflated fat guy and by the time I get to that point I think I'll just take down every mirror in the house...

Size-wise I'm finally in XL T-shirts, down from 4XL, and a 42 waist, down from 54...and I have blown completely through all of the clothes I had been hoarding for years and have started rebuilding a wardrobe a few pieces at a time...

170 pounds gone...30 to go...

Excellent Dave! Wow - did you ever think you would see a 42 waist again? Much less the 40 -38 you will be into soon? Keep at it and screw whatever the mirror says. You are making incredible progress.

I am so jealous! I had been stress-eating as my brother declined, and am now up to 293. I'm working on it, but it's SO SLOW! I doubt I'm a candidate for that sort of surgery (since I have no weight-related health issues) but sometimes...

Excellent Dave! Wow - did you ever think you would see a 42 waist again? Much less the 40 -38 you will be into soon? Keep at it and screw whatever the mirror says. You are making incredible progress.
Dave, I wish...

Clothes fitment is going to be an issue for a very long time...I'm carrying about 40 pounds worth of excess flesh, primarily on my stomach and upper thighs, and without surgical intervention it's not going to go away...with the amount of jello jiggle going on in my thighs and upper arms there will be no wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts in public ever again...

Please believe me, this is not an issue or complaint, I'm way beyond worrying about it now...but it is the cold hard reality of what happens to the human body when you remove 200 pounds of fat from it...

Dave, I wish...

Clothes fitment is going to be an issue for a very long time...I'm carrying about 40 pounds worth of excess flesh, primarily on my stomach and upper thighs, and without surgical intervention it's not going to go away...with the amount of jello jiggle going on in my thighs and upper arms there will be no wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts in public ever again...

Please believe me, this is not an issue or complaint, I'm way beyond worrying about it now...but it is the cold hard reality of what happens to the human body when you remove 200 pounds of fat from it...

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I do so much weight training. I've added a lot of muscle in my arms and that's helped significantly with sag and looseness in that area, but without surgery I'm never going to have a six-pack, it doesn't matter how much more core work and dieting I do. I'm down to a 44, and it's been awhile since I've been there. You're definitely kicking my ass on the weight front though! :thu:

Well, this is a first...

I seem to have gained a pound...???...need to re-evaluate my eating and exercise habits I guess...

It's always struck me funny how the body changes under radical dieting...I could go weeks at a time losing 4 or 5 pounds and not show any physical changes then go a couple weeks losing almost nothing but having inches disappear...no rhyme or reason to it near as I can tell...

About a week ago I started noticing I was having trouble keeping my pants seated comfortably on my hips...it seems that my ass has disappeared...

Admittedly, lack of ass is a family trait but this is the first time in memory that I haven't had one...I have to carry my wallet in a front pocket because it hurts to sit on, and I have to be careful how I sit or my pelvis and tailbone start hurting...I dropped a pants size and my belt just got a bit longer...I'm starting to wear cargo pants and shorts now because I hate having my wallet in my front pocket...unfortunately my work pants are conventional 4 pocket Dickies so with those I have no choice...

I don't miss the pounds, but I do miss my butt...

No butt? Isn't that a symptom of WMD?

WMD = White Man Disease!

Anyway, after about a year of steady loss, I'd imagine it makes sense that the pace will be quite slow now.

Reactions: Tig
Damn dude. Looks like the next time we are at the barn, you will blow by me on the stairs.

Back