jello's Bariatric journal...

I see pictures of Fat Me and I don't recognize myself. I see pictures of new me, and I don't recognize myself.

I feel different, but I don't know how. I mean, there's the obvious: I'm healthier. I can move better. I can shop at clothing stores that also don't sell tents.

But, my personality is different, and I don't how, or in what way. I just feel like a different person inside and I'm working on trying to figure him out.
I know...

So, NSV today.

I had to go clothes shopping today. For the second time in the last 10 years, it did not end in tears.

I've always wanted to shop at Brooks Brothers. Since they aren't known for tent-sized clothing, I never did. Today after measuring my size the sales guy announced I'm considered a "slim fit" and I had the run of the store. Well. sort of. I'm in a weird sizing now (18 neck, 6/7 sleeve) and they had a ton of 17.5, and a bunch of 19 or 20, but getting 18 was tough. They had a crazy weekend and the sales guy said they sold out of a lot of stuff.

Plus, I was able to shop at Tommy Bahama and really had the run of the store there.

All told, since surgery I've gone from a 22 neck to an 18, and a 42-44" waist to a 36.

I also had to come to grips I didn't need my "binkies" anymore. I've always worn an oversized fleece or hoody to try and hide the weight. Today I realized, I don't need to do that, and most clothes look just fine on me now.

I've hit the mother of all stalls though. I've been floating between 225 and 227 for months.

So, NSV today.

I had to go clothes shopping today. For the second time in the last 10 years, it did not end in tears.

I've always wanted to shop at Brooks Brothers. Since they aren't known for tent-sized clothing, I never did. Today after measuring my size the sales guy announced I'm considered a "slim fit" and I had the run of the store. Well. sort of. I'm in a weird sizing now (18 neck, 6/7 sleeve) and they had a ton of 17.5, and a bunch of 19 or 20, but getting 18 was tough. They had a crazy weekend and the sales guy said they sold out of a lot of stuff.

Plus, I was able to shop at Tommy Bahama and really had the run of the store there.

All told, since surgery I've gone from a 22 neck to an 18, and a 42-44" waist to a 36.

I also had to come to grips I didn't need my "binkies" anymore. I've always worn an oversized fleece or hoody to try and hide the weight. Today I realized, I don't need to do that, and most clothes look just fine on me now.

I've hit the mother of all stalls though. I've been floating between 225 and 227 for months.
Change something...diet, exercise, whatever...every time I've hit a plateau I made a major change to the routine and it shocks the body back into loss mode...that was the advice of the program director to everyone in the program and it works for me...

I find it very amusing that your starting point is my successful concluding point...

I'm not too worried. The surgery on its own does 75% of the work. Sure enough, at 75# I hit the stall.

With the nice weather finally here I'll get outside more.

superdave2.jpg

Back