What happened to this place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll remind everyone that this is the same forum that raised how much money for Jeremy's family when he unexpectedly passed? Most of us only knew him from here, and had never personally met him or his family. Sure we have our squabbles, but I think most of the folks here are good peeps.
 
I'll remind everyone that this is the same forum that raised how much money for Jeremy's family when he unexpectedly passed? Most of us only knew him from here, and had never personally met him or his family. Sure we have our squabbles, but I think most of the folks here are good peeps.
Yup....I agree. I wasn't around for Jeremy's fundraiser but I've been here long enough to know there are some really good people here.
 
Any group is a 'sample' and there are going to be some rotten apples... there is one less since late May or June.

I read the Kauer stuff via the links. Though it was an unusual statement that he made, granted parts of it were based on assumption, he explained himself quite well and quite politically correct for the point which he appeared to be trying to make. There was room for one person to be offended and if the two decided to back and forth it a bit to have it out, so be it.

The ones who dog piled... embarrassing. The cross thread pollenation... shameful and juvenile.

Anyway, I generally just want everyone to do well and to be happy. Like a socialist.
 
Any group is a 'sample' and there are going to be some rotten apples... there is one less since late May or June.

I read the Kauer stuff via the links. Though it was an unusual statement that he made, granted parts of it were based on assumption, he explained himself quite well and quite politically correct for the point which he appeared to be trying to make. There was room for one person to be offended and if the two decided to back and forth it a bit to have it out, so be it.

The ones who dog piled... embarrassing. The cross thread pollenation... shameful and juvenile.

Anyway, I generally just want everyone to do well and to be happy. Like a socialist.
Well said, Napoleon. Lol
 
I'll remind everyone that this is the same forum that raised how much money for Jeremy's family when he unexpectedly passed? Most of us only knew him from here, and had never personally met him or his family. Sure we have our squabbles, but I think most of the folks here are good peeps.

I wore the T-shirt to the Social Distortion show last week and got a few compliments.
 
I know this...brushing off and trivializing the profound threat to all of us posed by White Nationalism sure ain't doing the forum any favors.
If that's how that was interpreted, it was not how it was intended...but that does not change my feelings regarding how the addition of political discourse has affected this forum, nor does it excuse the immediate turn toward vitriol and dismissal that seems to be the stand by reaction when someone disagrees...

I'm not going to bother apologizing for my misstep...that moment has passed...nor am I I going to change my stance where my position in this thread is concerned...
 
If that's how that was interpreted, it was not how it was intended...but that does not change my feelings regarding how the addition of political discourse has affected this forum, nor does it excuse the immediate turn toward vitriol and dismissal that seems to be the stand by reaction when someone disagrees...

I'm not going to bother apologizing for my misstep...that moment has passed...nor am I I going to change my stance where my position in this thread is concerned...

No need. While I may not wholeheartedly agree with everything in the post in question, I get your jist, and it's not like it was disrpectful. I thought the immediate reaction by someone who I believe you consider a friend was quite harsh, however.

Basically speaking, while I think my beliefs reflect most here, I still tend to stay away from anything political, because it is a no-win situation.
 
And all I've been asking for from the good forum is that people approach disagreements in a civil and respectful manner, nothing more...

News Flash: Most people will take THE LARGEST NAZI RALLY ON AMERICAN SOIL IN 50 YEARS THAT RESULTED IN ONE MURDER AND THE ATTEMPTED MURDER OF DOZENS very seriously. Perhaps you should approach offering your opinion on it in a more civil and respectful manner.
 
And all I've been asking for from the good forum is that people approach disagreements in a civil and respectful manner, nothing more...

You're a grown man who watches politics very closely. You know exactly what you said. Backing into feigned politeness is a poor ruse.
 
And all I've been asking for from the good forum is that people approach disagreements in a civil and respectful manner, nothing more...

what exactly is everyone disagreeing on? I see a lot of agreement on abhorrence of hate and ignorance. Is there a pro hate and ignorance side that we need to be respectful of?
 
what exactly is everyone disagreeing on? I see a lot of agreement on abhorrence of hate and ignorance. Is there a pro hate and ignorance side that we need to be respectful of?
Yeah, seriously. I'm actually shocked about how much everyone agrees here on the forum politically. The one asshole in the thread got himself banned in a different thread for being an asshole in a non-political manner. Other than that it's been easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I don't think the political thread has anything to do with any problems here. I think we fight more about tortoise pickguard, gold hardware, and middle pickups than we do about politics.

I think people are expressing frustration about the world in unconstructive ways about things we agree upon. If anything, I think the political thread showing how much we collectively agree has helped mitigate some of that.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, seriously. I'm actually shocked about how much everyone agrees here on the forum politically. The one asshole in the thread got himself banned in a different thread for being an asshole in a non-political manner. Other than that it's been easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I don't think the political thread has anything to do with any problems here. I think we fight more about tortoise pickguard, gold hardware, and middle pickups than we do about politics.

I think people are expressing frustration about the world in unconstructive ways about things we agree upon. If anything, I think the political thread showing how much we collectively agree has helped mitigate some of that.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
Don't tell me you're one of those tortoise guard nut jobs! :grin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top