WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish they reissued more dammit :mad: Steve Jobs only has two eps on Apple Music and Bezos is slackin'....
https://www.lethalamounts.com/magazine-index/2020/5/8/texacala-jones-cowpunk-pinup

Even old she still brings the rock

Hell yeah! You don't see much love for Tex & the Horseheads these days. Difficult to get their records now too. I really dug them when I was youngster, got into them because they were Gun Club adjacent. I even saw the 'Big House part.3' video on MTV 120 minutes (or whatever the predecessor to '120 minutes' was).

'Chicken Bounty Hunter' and 'Clean the Dirt' were my jams:

I had Texacala Jones and Jeffrey Lee Pierce as my avatar pic for a good spell, now that I think about it.

jlp and tex.jpg

Hell yeah! You don't see much love for Tex & the Horseheads these days. Difficult to get their records now too. I really dug them when I was youngster, got into them because they were Gun Club adjacent. I even saw the 'Big House part.3' video on MTV 120 minutes (or whatever the predecessor to '120 minutes' was).

'Chicken Bounty Hunter' and 'Clean the Dirt' were my jams:

I had Texacala Jones and Jeffrey Lee Pierce as my avatar pic for a good spell, now that I think about it.

View attachment 72436

Those are great! it's a shame they don't have more in the digital realm. Texacali has one or two things on Bandcamp but the digital price is 100 USD and the vi nyl is only liuke 20 bucks. It's pretty much non exsistent anywhere else. I ran across them when I was watching that JLP documentary and he mentioned them

When did you have that avatar? I know you've had a lot so it gets confusing :embarrassed:

Those are great! it's a shame they don't have more in the digital realm. Texacali has one or two things on Bandcamp but the digital price is 100 USD and the vi nyl is only liuke 20 bucks. It's pretty much non exsistent anywhere else. I ran across them when I was watching that JLP documentary and he mentioned them

When did you have that avatar? I know you've had a lot so it gets confusing :embarrassed:

I think I had it for like half of 2021? Maybe?

JLP is one of those people who I feel I irrationally emotional about. He seems like such a fuckup, but also like the kinda guy who would have nerdily hung out with us on these forums?

I love that Blondie gave him that great eulogy just after he passed.

And this live version is crazy good:

I get chills, but then if somebody didn't like The Gun Club, they probably wouldn't.

But fuck! READY TO DIE!

Aw shit, now I'm listening to The Gun Club.

He sings sharp though, right? It makes it even better, more organic or bluesy.

It's my birthday, I've just had a lovely evening and drinks with my friends, but now I'm home and before bed I'm going to inflict The Gun Club on my other friends. :)

Aw shit, now I'm listening to The Gun Club.

He sings sharp though, right? It makes it even better, more organic or bluesy.

It's my birthday, I've just had a lovely evening and drinks with my friends, but now I'm home and before bed I'm going to inflict The Gun Club on my other friends. :)

Happy Birthday

Like maybe for about half of last year?

Have you seen this documentary? This is some super UK. He is an actual pub bore regular. Hanging out with the other pub bores, daily drinking and talking total British nonsense. He is a a total British pisshead pub bore. Which makes him super reachable. Oh God. .

Also, for the TL/DR folk, go to the Nick Cave bit. It's a nice snapshot.

'Plenty more where that came from'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back