WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in what instrument they're using in 'Human Jungle', a baritone guitar with a whammy bar? The notes drop way down.

I'm not sure, I've only seen him play a Jazzmaster in the live clips on YT. He does switch PUs frequently, which is a bit unusual for the style, isn't it? I'm guessing he's using the neck PU for those sounds.

I love it when he uses the reverb tank as a bass drum!

:embarrassed: Watching this makes me question why I even try to play guitar.

He's rather assured, isn't he? And there was me feeling pretty happy and sure of myself for nailing 'Sting Me' by the Black Crowes in open G earlier this afternoon. I thought I was hot shit up until I watched thst 'sultans' vid, but I am only a little rabbit dropping it seems.

And he can sing too. I really hate him.

:embarrassed:

since I posted the James hetfeild mullet thread I have dove into the expanded Garage inc. album

That's a bunch of good songs. I enjoyed that.

nice! I'm hearing a bit of Lucinda Williams and perhaps Gillian Welch in her vocals.

I really enjoyed it too. I came across that performance by accident, I'd never heard of her before. I definitely hear the Lucinda Williams and Gillian Welch similarities. I really liked the guitarist's playing and tones too, had me thinking 'I should get a Strat'.

I looked her up and she is John Hiatt's daughter.

Last edited:
upload_2022-1-8_15-46-21.jpeg

Sounds so good through the newly-tubed rig. Jerry’s playing on those 90’s sessions with Grisman blows away 95% of what he did with the Dead during those late years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back