WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw the Sonics on this particular tour. Absolute bone-crunching garage rock. Astonishingly loud for a bunch of old guys.

I think they're still touring (or were, up until the pandemic), but they've become another Tour Bus of Theseus, with only the sax player left from the original lineup.

I saw the Sonics on this particular tour. Absolute bone-crunching garage rock. Astonishingly loud for a bunch of old guys.

I think they're still touring (or were, up until the pandemic), but they've become another Tour Bus of Theseus, with only the sax player left from the original lineup.

Oh man, I would love to have seen that tour. They were on fire in that KEXP show. Just perfect garage rock.

A double-bill of The Cramps and The Sonics would have been a hell of show. I wonder did they ever play together? I assume they must have at some point.

That was great ! I might try to watch those Marc tv shows this weekend. When I posted that thread a while back I saw they had all 6 or whatever episodes in full on YT. and I've been meaning to watch them ..The Jam are Gods of pop. I was thinking the other day that wasteland is one of the greatest pop rock songs of alltime. You could probably pick out most Jam songs and say the same...wasteland is like a warm blanket to me though.

Oh man, I would love to have seen that tour. They were on fire in that KEXP show. Just perfect garage rock.

A double-bill of The Cramps and The Sonics would have been a hell of show. I wonder did they ever play together? I assume they must have at some point.
That would have been an awesome double bill. I think there's only a couple of years when it could have happened, between 2007 when the Sonics finally got back together and, alas, 2009.

In the history of the mullet, only Bowie could top Bruce Foxton.

a73acf72c8e4cce8445dbbe627f6c4dd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back