WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! it's terrific.

I found it by total coincidence - was looking for Syd Barret stuff when the YT algorithm must have 'remembered' all the short demo videos I've watched with Barrie Cadogan. Nice to hear him break free from the blues thing.

I found it by total coincidence - was looking for Syd Barret stuff when the YT algorithm must have 'remembered' all the short demo videos I've watched with Barrie Cadogan. Nice to hear him break free from the blues thing.

I'm super into his guitar sound and trying to guess what kind of fuzz he's using. It sounds like an old 2-knob Tonebender, maybe the Mk1? It's a really sixties sounding fuzz, and goes great with the reverb.

I'm super into his guitar sound and trying to guess what kind of fuzz he's using. It sounds like an old 2-knob Tonebender, maybe the Mk1? It's a really sixties sounding fuzz, and goes great with the reverb.

I think you're quite right! I've seen a video of him demonstrating one (the big brass-coloured box). He's really into the sixties garage sound and vintage gear.

To me he's the epitome of a guitar player in every way, with his looks/style and sort of shy conduct, and it's no surprise that he and Bernard Butler get along very well.

I think you're quite right! I've seen a video of him demonstrating one (the big brass-coloured box). He's really into the sixties garage sound and vintage gear.

To me he's the epitome of a guitar player in every way, with his looks/style and sort of shy conduct, and it's no surprise that he and Bernard Butler get along very well.

Waht a terrific sound! It's such a raw garage sixties tone, and what a great player.

That KGB Fuzz that Emmaporkchop bought recently is meant to emulate the Mk1 Tonebender as one of the settings.

on a bit of a kick here.. I had a housemate in college who was from twin falls and was waaaay into built to spill. This is transporting me right back to Olympia, WA, 1994

I Love BTS. Their music is unique because of Doug's voice but their sound overall is like a happy time drug, always feels good listening to them.

A buddy of mine turned me on to them recently, I'd never heard of them before. I really like that US garage rock n' roll stuff that's kinda early punk, but not fully 'punk punk' yet.

I wasn't aware of them either. Interesting how dynamic they sound, even on YT, compared to similar present-day bands that record everything with click tracks and aggressive master compression.

I wasn't aware of them either. Interesting how dynamic they sound, even on YT, compared to similar present-day bands that record everything with click tracks and aggressive master compression.

I really like that about them too! There's a whole more 'life' in the recording compared to the modern aggressively compressed stuff.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine turned me on to them recently, I'd never heard of them before. I really like that US garage rock n' roll stuff that's kinda early punk, but not fully 'punk punk' yet.
I dl'd the first two albums on Apple Music after seeing the video, good stuff.

I dl'd the first two albums on Apple Music after seeing the video, good stuff.

I have only checked out that first album, I'm hoping the second is good too. :thu:

They remind me a little bit of Radio Birdman and The Dictators. Well, not really the same, but in that wheelhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back