WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not actually listening right now but I'm working my way through Blood Ceremony's discography as per recommendation of Bel Motorik years ago. Good stuff. Love the flute and the production.

Not actually listening right now but I'm working my way through Blood Ceremony's discography as per recommendation of Bel Motorik years ago. Good stuff. Love the flute and the production.

I'm really stoked you're digging them! I love the way they construct songs, with riffy Sabbathy bits, and Fairport folkiness, and even Tull-ish prog elements, all tied up in a witchy package. They've got a very 'complete' thing.

I'm really stoked you're digging them! I love the way they construct songs, with riffy Sabbathy bits, and Fairport folkiness, and even Tull-ish prog elements, all tied up in a witchy package. They've got a very 'complete' thing.

I'm listening to their third album as I'm typing.

So far I dig the whole soundscape; the raw old-school guitar sounds and bluesy riffs, the chilling amusement park organ parts, the complexity of the flute timbre and the dynamic 'evil hippie' drumming. I find her voice and phrasing very suiting and effective without the flamboyancy one might expect when hearing an opening riff for the first time, and often it's quite buried in the mix which I think is a very nice and rare touch these days.

I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics yet, because I'm working, but I sort of get it, I think, that the topics are rather sinister and yet I sense some humour as well. It sounds like good storytelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back