WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Fallon the other night gave a shout out to KEXP’s morning guy, John Richards, for turning him on to these guys. Everyone loves KEXP now. I guess I can live with that.

I guess Fallon the other night gave a shout out to KEXP’s morning guy, John Richards, for turning him on to these guys.
I watch a little of Fallon most nights as I finish work late and I heard him talking about that guy. He said that his show was great (or that he was great which means the same thing I guess). He was definitely glowing about the Mad Foxes.

I can't view the commens ...I feel like I really missed out!

I don't really get that cut but generally speaking, I see so much that I enjoy on that NPR - it is very much a gem to me.

<snip>
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.39.58 AM.png

Pretty much stuff along these lines, just some funny shit.

So, this is fantastic! Like i never hear this before, with this Original Master 45rpm pressing.

B7E6360C-20C2-4642-9A81-4D7AEADBDECD.jpeg
2D02AA96-390B-4A25-BB56-328900228056.jpeg
9C5A9959-5EFC-4058-A0A0-9E23B518AF4F.jpeg

The presence of the bass is what strikes me first, really showing what these old Dahlquists I bought used can do.

The bass is not overwhelming, just much more vibrant and present. In a way that you can really feel. And the high hat and drum work is so crisp. And all the rest. Horn and sax is full of the breath of the humans using them. probably wouldn’t spend for this sort of recording on every record, but I sure am glad I did on this one. Good job, Mo-Fi!

now fir side two and Freddie Freeloader and Blue in Green.

Last edited:
That's a nice listening room.
That room is ostensibly the family/rec/music room, but has kinda become my home office also during covid, and is full of all my stuff, such that I have kinda taken it over. Now that covid is easing and I will go back to my office more, I need to clean it up so it is more inviting for my wife and daughter.

It also has my guitars and amps, the keyboard, a computer station, big couch, the big TV (with sound going through the stereo with those fronts, and rears when I turn them on for TV). I spend a lot of time there both working and relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back