WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is that noise? Is he playing paper and comb?
Could be. I'm thinking it's just a overloaded mic. Since they were a Houston band, they almost certainly saw in person how Tommy Hall did his "electric jug" schtick with the 13th Floor Elevators and tried to do the same thing.

upload_2020-12-22_10-12-1.gif

Paid for this because I am a big Brandi Carlile fan. It is a good show and worth the 15 bucks for me to be able to stream it a couple times, wants to watch thoroughly through and then to be able to play in the background for some things. she is killing it on a Joni Mitchell cover right now. (As well as the twins, she is lucky to have them all these years). She introduced the song by saying Joni Mitchell was probably the first person to tell the truth about how Christmas is sometimes.

3569aac7dfab5fa4e87a195ff39a955f.jpg

e1a4dc7e7a91fdbfcc1587703e31c7ec.jpg

86a0a8c0e717262a6fcf13f225c04579.jpg
So running this again. And will probably a couple more times, at least in the background. And would recommend it if you want well performed Christmas tunes performed in a somewhat irreverent format. As Brandi says, "Feel free to use this special to have a laugh, to get all into your feelings, have a drink, or just simply to make your extended family feel uncomfortable by casually having a Christmas special on your TV with a lesbian singing about Jesus in a neck tie. So many possibilities! Happy Christmas party people!"

So yeah, I am still a sap and still like at least melancholy recognition of the season, and recognition and gratitude for the other people I care about. This fits it.

https://fb.watch/2ztcu4QNNE/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back