WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the past few days obsessively digging into the Bobbie Gentry boxset The Girl From Chickasaw County. Lots of southern gothic gems from a short recording career bookended by three solid singer-songwriter albums, with some kinda odd cover albums in between. She sure did like to dig into that C7 chord shape though.

generally i'm not much of a country fan. however, there are a few folks that i DO like and have for a long time.
Dwight Yoakam is one of those i do like and have for a long time. since "guitars and cadillacs". he's f'ing real.

crap.....listening to various D.Y. songs on youtube....i'm realizing that we used to cover both "fast as you" and "little sister"....hmmm.

crap.....listening to various D.Y. songs on youtube....i'm realizing that we used to cover both "fast as you" and "little sister"....hmmm.
Dwight was in a movie we watched the other night. 'Bloodworth'. It was good. Kris Kristofferson was in it too. Here's a song he wrote and performed in the film.
Kris is one of my favorite song writers.

t_500x300-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is something a bit different (read, large departure) for my cousin Marian Call. And the guitar tones her players have are all within that punky, indie, raunchy tool belt I want to develop. I know one of her guitarists. Maybe he will consult with me. This is the stream of the EP you can play for free, or purchase.

"Telling Lies" by David Bowie. I have realized that this ( Earthling ) is one of my favorite headphone albums of all time to listen to. Especially after a nice smoke ( legal in Canada ). Why didn't I know about this album when it came out?

Lover the sarcasm in the chorus, like a tv psychic telling a "fortune":

"LOOK I'm visionary, look I'm visionary... feels like somethings gonna happen this year!!!"...

"TELLING LIES!" like something a higher density guide would send to a young soul, making wrong decisions, but making a karmic mark nontheless. ( The slowed down voice, especially in the end ).

And yet as the song goes on, it gets more apparent that that the subject of the song is merely staving off his the destruction of his own soul. It's very final. In psychopathic psychology, there will always be a final stand to see whose awareness will withstand the test of who can find absolute truth. The psychopath will ALWAYS rely on "wishfull thinking", but the absolutist will see past this.. . "Telling lies..., what have you been doing to yourself?! says final, highest aspect of the young soul, ( finally!! ) enlightened by the freedom from systemic delusion, stemming from ascending from corruption inherent in early soul growth. wrong decisions are to be made but when a soul gets through ... "You little wonder you!!!" (I know it's another song, but it's an apt phrase).

It's the one soul that gets through the system.

Edit- Wow I was barbecued when I wrote that. Death on my mind a lot, just thinking about what if there were a place a soul goes between lives to reflect on what did with their life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back