WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
fe57263411fbf53c6edb74cdb1ce1777.jpg

ee948602ebde8a03d9a20af243884ff9.jpg

Lyle and Chris through the stereo in a “live” covid concert.

The new The Flower Kings album "Islands".
Excellent "classic" prog. Double album. Artwork by Roger Dean. All the ingredients. :wink:

@Denverdave and other progheads, this should be right up your alley. Best Flower Kings album in about 15 years or so. :)

Think that's about 4 double albums already from Roine. Insanely prolific.
Flower Power, Unfold The Future, Paradox Hotel and now Islands - not counting live albums. :embarrassed:

The new The Flower Kings album "Islands".
Excellent "classic" prog. Double album. Artwork by Roger Dean. All the ingredients. :wink:

@Denverdave and other progheads, this should be right up your alley. Best Flower Kings album in about 15 years or so. :)

Think that's about 4 double albums already from Roine. Insanely prolific.
Flower Power, Unfold The Future, Paradox Hotel and now Islands - not counting live albums. :embarrassed:

I love Roine and his work. I like some his solo, bluesier stuff from about 10 years ago or so too. FK is about the only modern Swede prog I get into very far. A buddy of mine, who is a big prog head, gave me a bunch of bands to check out, and Roine’s group was the one that attracted me the most.

Unfortunately, video not available. I will find it on one of my streaming services.

I love Roine and his work. I like some his solo, bluesier stuff from about 10 years ago or so too. FK is about the only modern Swede prog I get into very far. A buddy of mine, who is a big prog head, gave me a bunch of bands to check out, and Roine’s group was the one that attracted me the most.

Unfortunately, video not available. I will find it on one of my streaming services.

Roine is awesome. Incredibly productive, and I really dig his guitar playing. New Transatlantic album as well early next year if reports are right. :)

It's on most streaming platforms I'd guess.
As far as the other Swede prog bands I can really recommend Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly (singer in Beardfish a few years back, and Big Big Train). The new album Alone Together is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back