The new BS thread that Mark forced us to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Cisco!!!!!!!

I've been studying for my stupid Cisco Certs and it only reinforces my dislike for Cisco. My company is a Cicso partner so the engineers are required to have certification. This sucks! Wish me luck and mojo for my test this afternoon.

Test mojo. Crisco sucks. I used to work for a reseller. I've been recruited by them, but I refuse to go.

Certs are silly, but a necessary evil of the industry.
I have learned to use them to my advantage. I always carry certs that are either outside of my immediate field or for a competing vendor.
It makes me valuable (on paper) and keeps my manager on his toes. :wink:
Since I work for a manufacturer now (Avaya), my competing vendor certs tend to be Crisco because its easy for me to pass them without much studying (because of the overlapping content and my past experience, not because I'm smart).
 
I dunno -- I think mom's take an awful lot of blame for things that should be assessed while looking straight into a mirror...
 
I dunno -- I think mom's take an awful lot of blame for things that should be assessed while looking straight into a mirror...

No doubt. I was playing off the stereotype that all shrinks blame mothers. Just being (not quite so) funny. :eek:

A big part of my work is getting people to take personal responsibility. You can't control what others do, but you can control how you deal with it.

That said, there are some mothers...
 
I'm really liking Reverend. I called them up about my stuck tuner. They are sending me a replacement free of charge. Try getting that with Fender. It makes me want to buy another one.
 
Yep, lived there for 2 years, almost exactly. But, the wife wanted horses. So we bought her one, and it's costing us $500 a month just to keep the damn thing alive. So, we decided to move out to the country, but still in the DC metro area (Maryland). We've got a little farm house, a giant barn, and a few acres. And now we have another horse. :bfp: Chickens and goats will arrive in the spring... :) Quite the change, but I think I'll enjoy it. We'd been going out less and less, so it's not as much of a blow to leave the hood as it would have been a year ago. I'll miss it like hell though, and especially the commute. I was biking to work every day, and that ain't happenin anymore.

Waitaminnit! Goats?
 
I'm really liking Reverend. I called them up about my stuck tuner. They are sending me a replacement free of charge. Try getting that with Fender. It makes me want to buy another one.


:cool:

I play mine a lot. Much more than I thought I would.
 
Yep, lived there for 2 years, almost exactly. But, the wife wanted horses. So we bought her one, and it's costing us $500 a month just to keep the damn thing alive. So, we decided to move out to the country, but still in the DC metro area (Maryland). We've got a little farm house, a giant barn, and a few acres. And now we have another horse. :bfp: Chickens and goats will arrive in the spring... :) Quite the change, but I think I'll enjoy it. We'd been going out less and less, so it's not as much of a blow to leave the hood as it would have been a year ago. I'll miss it like hell though, and especially the commute. I was biking to work every day, and that ain't happenin anymore.

I don't know if you caught this news- but we bought a country house that we are renting until we are ready to retire. The closest town is 7 miles away- pop is 20,000. I can post some pics if you have not seen them.
 
I don't know what that is. Dish!

It is like "Name that tune" for the modern age. You pick a genre of music and five songs are played. The person that guesses the fastest wins. You win coins that let you purchase more genres. Totally addictive and some cool genres.
 
And I'm back. I passed my test and now have a worthless piece of paper that says I'm smart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top