Post your local Pizza specialty from your region

Detroit style pizza is a deep dish square pizza. Currently my favorite pizza style.

On my side of Michigan, we have a family owned chain that specializes in a thin, cracker crust that is delicious, though not always suited to a pizza craving.
Fricano's?

Never had it, but there is one near Kalamazoo. I should try it one of these days :)

Here’s a crime against pizza native to the upper Midwest.

TACO PIZZA

View attachment 47185

Pizza crust. Taco sauce. Taco flavored ground beef. Maybe some diced/sliced canned chilies. Some sort of yellow cheese blend. Bake. Top it all off with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and more cheese. Serve it with a side of salsa and/or sour cream.

You can find it all over the Chicago suburbs—local “Hey, this sauce is really sweet” chain Aurelio’s being a prime culprit.

Taco flavored ground beef??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taco flavored ground beef??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3782C145-A0B1-4594-A38F-599CD8D0D1A0.png

Is this, perhaps, the ultimate expression of Midwestern American cultural appropriation?

:cop:

Taco nite tacos are ‘Murricah on the hard shell. I had to post this so that costal elites like LA Ricky are woke to the transformative possibilities of salt and cumin.

Taco nite tacos are ‘Murricah on the hard shell. I had to post this so that costal elites like LA Ricky are woke to the transformative possibilities of salt and cumin.

Hard shell? I can't recall the last time I had a taco that wasn't in a hot corn tortilla...

Back