Post your local Pizza specialty from your region

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_cheese_crisp
Arizona cheese crisp

Alternative names Cheese crisp
Place of origin United States
Main ingredients Tortillas, cheese
An Arizona cheese crisp (simply "cheese crisp" in the region) is an open-faced, flour tortilla covered in shredded cheese.[1] It is put on a metal pizza pan that has been brushed with butter or margarine and put under a broiler until it gets crisp. It is similar to a quesadilla, but distinct in that a cheese crisp is not folded over, and that it is also baked until the tortilla becomes crisp. Common cheeses to use include in various combinations are Oaxaca, Monterey jack, or Cheddar. Cheese crisps sometimes are topped with onions, cilantro, or peppers.[2] The cheese crisp is said to have been made famous by El Charro Café in Tucson, Arizona [3]

Cheese crisps are ubiquitous in Arizona, but rarely found outside the state other than places popular with Arizona tourists such as Puerto Peñasco and San Diego.[citation needed]

1280px-Arizona_Cheese_Crisp.jpg

rezept-lachs.jpg

Flammkuchen, basically pizza with a white sauce/sour cream thing going on instead of tomato sauce. From the Elsass Region along the French border with Germany and Switzerland.

This is my favorite variant.

In Canada, pizza is always ordered by specifying the toppings.
Even if you’re visiting from New York. Ordering “a pie” requires you to specify that you want a cheese pizza.
It’s dinner goddammit. Put some food on that flat piece of dough.

There’s been a combination of toppings that has been generally referred to as “The Canadian” by enough people and restaurants to make it a thing. I guess. You won’t find it called that on every menu, but you can always order a pizza with the combination of toppings.

Pepperoni, bacon, and mushrooms.
Some places add green peppers to that.

In my immediate region, there are a lot of pizza shops. You can get just about any style you want.
Generally speaking though, most take out places’ default style is an airy-but-not-too-puffy crust with a crisp bottom and a thick edge, topped with red pizza sauce and white cheese ( mozzarella at a minimum, sometimes mixed with Brick), and then your toppings of choice.

There’s a crappy pizza chain that claims to make Colorado pizza, which is a thick ring and big portions of toppings. I guess they aren’t aware that Pizza Hut has been doing the same thing since the 70s.

Local pizza specialty...
Here we have Lenny's. 18 inch, proper New York greasy fucking awesome pie. I get mine with pepperoni. It is quite literally the closest thing to New York Pie available this far south. I challenge any New Yorker to say different. It is exceptionally good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There’s a crappy pizza chain that claims to make Colorado pizza, which is a thick ring and big portions of toppings. I guess they aren’t aware that Pizza Hut has been doing the same thing since the 70s.
Beaujo's?
They also have honey on the table to dip the crust in. WTF!

learn and return bro...it's fried and open faced

yeah, have you ever heard of an open faced sandwich (big cultural achievement amongst the Scandinavians in the midwest)? It's still sandwich, doesn't become a pizza because it's open faced.

here's a riddle. What do you call a fried quesadilla? a pizza. not really, still a quesadilla.

Your pizza mind tricks won't work on me.

they are high in Colorado...more toppings is more munchies :idea:

Reactions: DFB
Back