OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
did Hogg actually say "generations before us don't know what it's like....." ?
if he did, then that is a spectacularly stupid statement.
My sister posted this shit meme to her FB the other day and I googled to see the context of the quote. Came up that he's not attributed whatsoever, hasn't even got Snopes yet.

So I made a screenshot of the Google page and posted it in the comments explaining that "it seems someone made this to baselessly smear a 17 year old, and you shared it.".

She took it off of her wall, but pm'd me that I should get with her first before "publicly humiliating" her on Facebook.

And this is my sensible sister.

My sister posted this shit meme to her FB the other day and I googled to see the context of the quote. Came up that he's not attributed whatsoever, hasn't even got Snopes yet.

So I made a screenshot of the Google page and posted it in the comments explaining that "it seems someone made this to baselessly smear a 17 year old, and you shared it.".

She took it off of her wall, but pm'd me that I should get with her first before "publicly humiliating" her on Facebook.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/david-hogg-generations-before-us/

and that is why i asked the question first, "did he really say that?"

Ok, so really, f*ck that guy. I don't think I ever owned any of his music, and never will.
to be fair, the albums Free For All and Cat Scratch Fever are very good rock albums, especially the first one. it introduced Meatloaf to the world.
but later in the 70's and 80's he became pretty unhinged.

to be fair, the albums Free For All and Cat Scratch Fever are very good rock albums, especially the first one. it introduced Meatloaf to the world.
but later in the 70's and 80's he became pretty unhinged.
Yeah. I may have owned Cat Scratch at one point. It would have been around the time I bought Not Fragile from BTO. But I don't think so. If I still have an old copy, I am breaking it and throwing it away.

Yeah. I may have owned Cat Scratch at one point. It would have been around the time I bought Not Fragile from BTO. But I don't think so. If I still have an old copy, I am breaking it and throwing it away.
whatever floats your boat. the man turned into a different person after those records, especially Free For All. i'll still listen to that one, even tho i despise the asshole. it's kind of like trying to hate McCain for his service in Vietnam because of the fucking twat that he has become.

whatever floats your boat. the man turned into a different person after those records, especially Free For All. i'll still listen to that one, even tho i despise the asshole. it's kind of like trying to hate McCain for his service in Vietnam because of the fucking twat that he has become.
meh. I quickly moved on from him after middle school anyway. Just not my thing.

Trump will come out of his presidency wealthier than ever because he has the power to influence the stock market (s) by releasing a statement. His minions then buy a bunch of the stocks which fall and he recants or comes out with an adjusted statement and the stocks rise up again. Simple as F way to make money.

On Ted Nugent: I will take him in a cage match. He can even have a gun with him but it has to be unloaded when the bell signifies the beginning of the fight with the ammunition in the center of the ring. No weapon for me. I am not a Democrat - I'm Canadian. That is far more than he can handle and after I beat his azz I won't even say "sorry" (or sarry either).

meh. I quickly moved on from him after middle school anyway. Just not my thing.
Good. Turns out I don't own any, other than a song that came on the Dogtown and Z-boys soundtrack. Closest thing was the BTO Not Fragile album.

EDIT: I mean at what point does that sort of threat against people who identify as a member of a political party, from a guy who gets photo ops at the white house and apparently has the shite house's support, become a reasonable fear of political oppression? I am just making an argument, but at a certain point, if this keeps going on, seems like I could apply for asylum in Canada or something. Not that I probably will any time soon, but let's see how this latest round plays out a while.

I know that I am becoming fed up living in a place where this sort of talk, and trump's repeated behavior, are tolerated and defended by this many citizens. Interestingly, those I run across defending stuff like this are not here, in this little section of Idaho. ( Not talking about the rest). But I am talking about old friends from Tacoma. No one defending the nug yet. But trump on the other hand.

Last edited:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tn-may-change-its-constitution-to-say-god-is-only-source-of-liberty/

A798F768-3E42-4F8C-806C-BCA12C0ABE34.jpeg

Ok, so really, f*ck that guy. I don't think I ever owned any of his music, and never will.

I did ... before I learned what an intellectually-bereft shitbag he is. I was a fan of his tone and his riffs; Stranglehold was the 3rd riff I ever learned, after Smoke on the Water and Iron Man.

I now have nothing of his.

Last edited:

On the other hand, if she checked her shit out before she posted it this wouldn't have been an issue, now would it?

Her credulousness is the problem, not your championing of the truth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back