National Hockey League 2018-2019

Bruins really mentally collapsed this post-season. Maybe they'll come back - I hope so - but they look psychologically beaten at this point. Marchand chose a terrible time to go back to his old ways - yes, the rest of the league used his reputation to pummel the B's top scorer, but live with it and keep trying your case in the media.

Otherwise, it's very tough to root for a team that avoids contact and doesn't battle for 50/50 pucks like it's their last meal.

If I'm being kind, I'm saying it looks like all the injuries and the fatigue of a long season have caught up with them. If not, I'd call them (or some of them) sissies (Pusstrnak). They should've slapped the Leafs around and took two games off in that series. Now they're just playing out the string.

CBJ/Canes conference final? There goes the Molson ad dollars ....
 
Marchand once again had to turd it up, but whatever.

What I am shocked by is the Canes about to sweep the Isles - I thought that would be much more competitive. Then again, there was that Columbus/Tampa thing...

Once again, hockey shows why it's such a compelling sport: the parity is far more inherent in the NHL than in other sports.

MLB: haves/have nots
NFL: Smarter teams (thank God I'm a Pats fan and not a Bengals fan) learn how to manage talent against the cap
NBA: spoiled stars run league, build treehouses, decide who wins and when

Hockey? Not so much. It's a streaky sport, and teams ebb and flow.
 
Hockey? Not so much. It's a streaky sport, and teams ebb and flow.

Yes! When the timing of things like pucks coming at you and you are skating faster than a full sprint, you have lines in the ice to time and need to hit a pass out of the air that is traveling in an arc & may get smashed as the thing arrives to you...

Compelling indeed.
 
Boston-bruins-logo.jpg


At least I get to be happy for an evening.

Pastrnak appears to have gotten laid or something.
 
The Jackets ran out of gas last night, and the better team is starting to emerge. The Jackets were flat and sloppy for 52 of the first 55 minutes or so, then finally kicked it into gear. They got my hopes up when they tied, then they let Pastrnak get free...

BOB is going to get some serious free agent dollars after his playoff performance. The Jackets would have been blown out last night if not for him.
 
Last edited:
I actually can see the Bruins winning Game 6, a lot like they won Game 4. Rask looks terrific. Apparently after their Big Boo Hoo in Game 3 (e.g., avoiding contact and shrinking from puck battles) Cassidy let them have it ( - NSFW language).

Still don't quite resemble the Feb/March crew (calling David Krecji, come in David, where are you, David?), but they are vastly more focused than the first half of the Leafs' series.

Speaking of the cesspool that is Toronto hockey fandom, this morning the Globe and Mail featured a looooooooong "think" piece on how Brad Marchand is "ruining the game of hockey" and the NHL needs to suspend him for, oh, I don't know, ever.

I do not recall this "think" piece being published about Nazem Kadri's Human Guillotine on Skates act, but if any of the newer fans here wonder about why American O6 teams absolutely can't stand Toronto fans, it's right there. Sanctimony, entitlement, illogic, narcissism ... that city's fans need a Cup just to shut the fuck up, already, but ... well, their hockey team sucks. So they stay up late on Saturday whining about something that Wayne Gretzky laughed at.

For those of you who live in California and see everything east of Kern County as "back East," reminder that Marchand played his ass off for Canada in the WHC and had 100 points and few PIM this year.

This is the reason Toronto will forever be an anus on the corpus of hockey, until they quit bitching and win something.
 
If McAvoy misses a game, what do you think Dubois should receive for his WWF routine on Nordstrom?



 
Back
Top