It's 1985: what's your beer of choice?

1985 is maybe the beginning of my frequenting a local British (style) pub and liking Newcastle first, then Bass.

1985 ....I did not touch the hops. It was all weed. I might've had a few swigs of some warm Budweiser and decided beer was shite.

I was only 11 years old, but this was the local beer:

bavaria-beer-picture-id458551551

Brand_pilsener_medaille.png

Sterling was far and away my favorite beer in those days. It was cheap, but pretty darned tasty.

It was made by the Evansville Brewery which was owned by Heileman.

images

Music related story: The band I was in at that time practiced at my house. My band mates used to complain constantly about having to drink my Sterling. I'd always tell them to feel free to pick up a case of Budweiser for the next practice. They never did, but they still complained. I'm sure if you asked them about it today, they'd still bitch about it.

My love of weed did not leave much cash left over for beer, so whatever was cheap. I remember going through a lot of Stroh’s back then.

Reactions: Tig
I was going to say either that or Old Milwaukee. My uncle drank Moosehead and my dad drank Old Milwaukee. Outside of commercials that was my only exposure to beer at the time.
My Dad drank Stroh's mostly, as there was a brewery in Winston-Salem, but drank Moosehead when he wanted the good stuff. As a kid who would often sample, I always recommended the latter (and drank that in the beginning of college).

Back