Is Too fast too furious the most detrimental movie to humanity in the last 20 years

Are the TFTF crowd a menace to society

• Total voters

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I say yes because it kin a unleashed a generation of losers with their motorbikes, with their loud exhaust cars, etc into thinking it's like totally cool to speed around like in "it's all fun and games bro". These losers arew a menace to society and need to have their licenses revoked and or jail time...check this out...

https://kjzz.org/content/1685692/pima-county-sheriff-warns-erratic-bikers-tucson

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department is advising Tucson residents to be careful on the streets, due to a dangerous group of drivers.

The department says a large group of individuals on motorcycles, dirt bikes and quads is driving erratically throughout Tucson.

Witnesses say the group is weaving through traffic at high speeds and running red lights.

Drivers who encounter this group are asked to stay safe and avoid them as much as possible.

Deputies are working on addressing the incident.

i hear them on the expressway near work all the time, dudes in Muscle cars, speedster mazda's, moto bikes, etc

No, it’s because of all the weed.

These “gear heads” are spending their dimes on chips, exhaust and chrome. They probably should spend some on weed cus it might mellow them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are winners, man!

AccurateVibrantBoaconstrictor-max-1mb.gif

AmpleAcclaimedJay-size_restricted.gif

KjYjRz.gif

Winners. :baimun:

Now if they could corner, I might be impressed.
1b11c69113446117a3625c062cc52a3c.jpg

B-sM5ZMWoAA4uRe.png
That cafe racer position always seems a little weird and counterintuitive to me as a skier, and mountain biker, where we have the skis, or the bike, tipped more, and a corresponding angle created the other way with the upper body, rather than the body and center of mass being “inside the turn” like those motorbike racers do. I am guessing it has to do with the forces from all the mechanical acceleration? Still doesn’t make sense to me, as I have no experience with that at all.

Also, I could never bring myself to watch a single minute of any of the fast and furious stuff. And I hate fart tubes. Now, give me a nice ANSA tip on an Italian exhaust, that I might like.

3E94F24E-21AF-4C10-8348-F16FEB2A2C44.jpeg

Last edited:
@Tig

This is Mikaela Shiffrin, whom I consider to be the best overall ski racer in the world right now.

Weight/center of mass stacked over the outside edge

(See little line I drew, where the force is, and where the weight is. The line is a little off, I should have drawn it to a little higher point on her shoulder, but I just did it free hand on my iPad).

940F4932-06B5-4C48-9824-6F55AEFE9B25.jpeg

Weight got “just a little inside” this turn.
06286B9E-D446-4886-8191-A0DDB8B526CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I think the second movie in the F&F franchise specifically is responsible for this. Not the other eight, just 2 Fast 2 Furious.

I think that flavor of douchebag predates those movies (I certainly knew them when I was in high school in the early 90s, and I'm fairly sure they appeared not long after automobiles did..)
That cafe racer position always seems a little weird and counterintuitive to me as a skier, and mountain biker, where we have the skis, or the bike, tipped more, and a corresponding angle created the other way with the upper body, rather than the body and center of mass being “inside the turn” like those motorbike racers do. I am guessing it has to do with the forces from all the mechanical acceleration? Still doesn’t make sense to me, as I have no experience with that at all.
I think it's both the higher force/speed and a much lower center of gravity (motorcycle is under the rider and generally way heavier than the rider; bike waaay lighter than the rider)

I think that flavor of douchebag predates those movies (I certainly knew them when I was in high school in the early 90s, and I'm fairly sure they appeared not long after automobiles did..)

I think it's both the higher force/speed and a much lower center of gravity (motorcycle is under the rider and generally way heavier than the rider; bike waaay lighter than the rider)
That makes a lot of sense. A skier’s or bicyclist’s COM is the primary weight in play, whereas on a motorcycle . . .

Those pics demonstrate the riders not only lowering the center of gravity but 'dragging a knee' or riding 'knee down' to get the bike/tires into the maximum lean angle to achieve the highest possible cornering speed. Sport bike riders also will go 'full tuck' to lower wind resistance too

it's also the gyroscopic effect of the spinning tires/wheels, they tend to counteract the lean. :idea:

edit: that's why they can't lean anything like that at slower speeds. you HAVE to get the wheels/tires spinning at higher speeds to help "push" against the lean.

Last edited:
That makes a lot of sense. A skier’s or bicyclist’s COM is the primary weight in play, whereas on a motorcycle . . .
I'm sure those racing motorcycles are lighter than a big ol' harley sort of bike, but they've still gotta be at least 300 lbs or so, just a couple feet off the ground

On both the skis and a moutainbike, you have inclination (tipping) of the lower body to create the edge angle for the tires and the edges on the skis, and essentially opposite angulation of the upper body drives the weight to the inside edge of that contact point (outside ski for the skier). So, different deal, I guess, when the thing you are riding is bigger and weighs more than you.

Back