I’d like to introduce you to the two latest members of the Flamencology family...

It’s very autumnal here this week. :shrug:

DB2CFEA0-BB11-4D4B-9CE7-5BBE3344DFA6.jpeg
8B1F5A5F-E75F-4D3F-ADC8-28B81C00F493.jpeg
1623AAEC-F8F7-449F-958E-5B8B3BFB56A6.jpeg
6353469D-DAB7-4DB5-8BC9-6CC3CB8F16EA.jpeg
081A9198-79DD-4282-967A-D5BF717B25A3.jpeg
43357C6A-BFAE-4BA7-B2C6-94A89D2B707C.jpeg
5E1CADD0-9A55-48CC-A28E-05D0D09BDD64.jpeg
3768D248-E6AF-4D94-83F0-C15570568BA8.jpeg

I’ve feeling really well. Thanks for checking in.

However, I’m meeting with my medical oncologist tomorrow, and all indications are that I’ll be on chemo for a full 12 months, and will be immunocompromised. So there’s a very good chance that I’ll be posting here way too much.

Are you going to be able to work at all - teach via Zoom? Or spend lots of time in recovery mode?

And major mojo on the chemo....

This may be too contemporary for you - but for your listening pleasure. To be played loud.....

I’ve feeling really well. Thanks for checking in.

However, I’m meeting with my medical oncologist tomorrow, and all indications are that I’ll be on chemo for a full 12 months, and will be immunocompromised. So there’s a very good chance that I’ll be posting here way too much.
That's tough. Keep hangin in there. Glad you're feeling good though.

Are you going to be able to work at all - teach via Zoom? Or spend lots of time in recovery mode?

And major mojo on the chemo....

This may be too contemporary for you - but for your listening pleasure. To be played loud.....

I was an idiot. Was convinced that my oncology meeting was Tuesday. Had a sleepless Monday night. Was getting ready to go to the hospital, and my wife was, like, ‘Where are you going? Your appointment is Thursday.’ :facepalm:

No, I’m not doing any teaching right now. I am still running the business, though it’s obviously not been an especially profitable year.

My undergraduate students are primarily acting students. It will be years before we really know whether they’ll be able to learn much at all from Zoom classes. I’m kinda relieved that I won’t have to try. :lol:

Yeah, still in Newfoundland. Will be here through the winter. Really missing the west coast this time of year, though.

Don't worry it's been cold and wet here too (well as close as I could get to Canada which was pretty close). We just left the PNW and got back to Cali yesterday. Everyone here was complaining about the cold...they have no idea :grin:. Hopefully you won't get the massive snowstorm NFLD got last year while you are there.

Gorgeous looking dog there :)

Hope your appointment today goes well, my brother is immunosuppressed due to medication and it's been tough keeping himself safe during COVID.

I get told...in no uncertain terms. VERY loud barking by a relatively small dog. Of course it's the same (I think) bark for a lot of things :shrug:

Back