Question: How much crap would I have to take...

Flying fucks are the BEST fucks!

As to the blue guitars....

901826_4096046374986_1751010809500557109_o.jpg

Blues Brothers (RIP x3 :cry: )
Oh man... If that Strat had a maple fretboard, it would seriously make my pee pee tingle.

I find this to be attractive...

83097-9b06ec7027207953b147197edf34de8e.jpg

This is a Warmoth trans brown alder bass...

image-jpeg.926651

I'm being partially inspired by the look of a Peavey Patriot bass I used to own...
peavey-patriot-370.jpg

Conservative? Yes...certainly not vibrant or exciting, but it's a look that will make me want to pick a guitar up and play it, and that is my primary consideration for the aesthetic decision making part of buying/building a guitar...

While I did find this initially eye-catching...
5387636673_077f48367f_b.jpg

...after I spent some time thinking about it I realized that I would eventually get to the point where I would tire of the novelty...

(I should admit here that much of my "blue guitar hate" is hyperbolic...there are many blue guitars I find visually attractive, even stunning, but they're not something I really want to have on hand)

This next build is addressing an issue I have with one of my previous builds...the pickups in this guitar...
DSCF1214 by jelloman 1965, on Flickr
...are my favorite humbuckers ever...the SD Custom59 sounds amazing clean and even better dirtied up...but the guitar itself is on the heavy side...so I'm going to put the same combination in the new one and put a set of SD Phat Kat P90s in this one...

The final lineup of solid bodies will then be...
Les Paul
Tele
Strat
Hot Rod Strat
P90 guitar
2 7/8 strats

The 2 7/8 scale guitars will serve to fit an aesthetic I've been missing (a Fender Lead2 and Peavey bass I used to have and love the look of) and also have pickup combos I really enjoy the sound of...add on the fact that the 7/8 scale is extremely comfortable for me and the neck profile is damn near perfect and I will have a line up of instruments that I am really happy with and that will make me want to pick one up and play...and in the end THAT is what I care about...

image-jpeg.926651

I'm being partially inspired by the look of a Peavey Patriot bass I used to own...
peavey-patriot-370.jpg

Conservative? Yes...certainly not vibrant or exciting, but it's a look that will make me want to pick a guitar up and play it, and that is my primary consideration for the aesthetic decision making part of buying/building a guitar...

...after I spent some time thinking about it I realized that I would eventually get to the point where I would tire of the novelty...

(I should admit here that much of my "blue guitar hate" is hyperbolic...there are many blue guitars I find visually attractive, even stunning, but they're not something I really want to have on hand)

This next build is addressing an issue I have with one of my previous builds...the pickups in this guitar...
...are my favorite humbuckers ever...the SD Custom59 sounds amazing clean and even better dirtied up...but the guitar itself is on the heavy side...so I'm going to put the same combination in the new one and put a set of SD Phat Kat P90s in this one...

Les Paul
Tele
Strat
Hot Rod Strat
P90 guitar
2 7/8 strats

The 2 7/8 scale guitars will serve to fit an aesthetic I've been missing (a Fender Lead2 and Peavey bass I used to have and love the look of) and also have pickup combos I really enjoy the sound of...add on the fact that the 7/8 scale is extremely comfortable for me and the neck profile is damn near perfect and I will have a line up of instruments that I am really happy with and that will make me want to pick one up and play...and in the end THAT is what I care about...
To each his own. Brown guitars need homes too. To me they just look like coffee tables.

So, if you have say, 10 guitars but one of them is a 7/8, is it OK to say to your wife, you have less than 10 guitars?

Asking for a friend.

image-jpeg.926651

peavey-patriot-370.jpg

Les Paul
Tele
Strat
Hot Rod Strat
P90 guitar
2 7/8 strats

I like brown too. In fact, when I finally get my back pay from work, I’m considering a 7/8 strat, rear routed, single p90, roasted alder in brown to clear burst. Here is a Tele in that combo.
3543378D-6517-43E9-AF7D-9A154797E793.jpeg

Back