Guitars made of something other than wood...

Not sure how I missed this thread the first two times around, but when I think of guitars built from something other than wood, my very first thought is of the Veleno all aluminum guitar.

http://www.veleno.net/history2.html

When I was 15, my cousin took me to see a fairly successful local band that he managed and one of the guitarists had a Veleno. It was easily the coolest thing I had ever seen at that point in my life. He let me tink around on it, and it felt incredible. I still want one. Maybe a bit ugly, but smothered in mojo and awesome sauce.

uploadfromtaptalk1458846819730.jpg
 
I just realized, my first electric was made from "resonwood", which was some mysterious man-made product that was definitely not wood. The neck was wood though.

gibson-sonex-180-custom-179449.jpg
 
I briefly took guitar lessons with a friend's dad at one point. He was cool as shit and a great player but had some nasty health issues and had to stop teaching.

He told me he and his buddies built a guitar body out of slate at one point. He said it looked really cool and sounded good but was a real back breaker to play. Interesting idea.
 
Back
Top