Going orange - tele build

Got the input jack today!

Had to add a treble bleed, was very woofy when turning down the volume. Really like treble bleeds w/single coils anyway.

Guitar sounds great. The neck pickup is a seymour duncan, forgot the model, very full sounding. The bridge pickup is out of an SX, really cheap looking pickup with a ceramic magnetic on the bottom and a brass plate glued to it - sounds great though. I'll probably replace the bridge pickup at some point. Was going to go with a hot rails for tele, but am now thinking about a bill lawrence (wilde) blade pickup.

Finding that the bridge pickup is getting annoying, shrill. The neck sounds great, especially with the resonance of the body. Has a sort of semi-hollow thing going for it.

Finding that the bridge pickup is getting annoying, shrill. The neck sounds great, especially with the resonance of the body. Has a sort of semi-hollow thing going for it.

Just in the treble region or upper mids, too? I'm wondering if maybe you could maybe shape the tone with a resistor and a capacitor hard wired... I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a table somewhere on the net with the RC network frequency responses. This way you could tame that shrillness and still have a functioning tone control without affecting the neck pickup at all.

Or you could just replace the bridge pickup. :-P

Do you want something with that traditional Tele brightness or do you want something meatier?

It's just thin, and shrill. Even when rolling off the tone control, the bridge likes depth. It's from a SX, very cheap looking. I'm thinking new pickup.

The neck pickup is a Seymour Duncan str-1. Very solid sounding, especially with that body. I have an SD hot rails in another ax, might try it. So yeah, I was thinking a little beefier than a traditional tele bridge pickup.

It's just thin, and shrill. Even when rolling off the tone control, the bridge likes depth. It's from a SX, very cheap looking. I'm thinking new pickup.

The neck pickup is a Seymour Duncan str-1. Very solid sounding, especially with that body. I have an SD hot rails in another ax, might try it. So yeah, I was thinking a little beefier than a traditional tele bridge pickup.
If you want to stick in the traditional Tele realm but have some fat raunchiness, try a Duncan Broadcaster or if you can find one of the 10Kohm Fender Nocaster pickups. Or get Bryan to wind you something fat.

If you want to stick in the traditional Tele realm but have some fat raunchiness, try a Duncan Broadcaster or if you can find one of the 10Kohm Fender Nocaster pickups. Or get Bryan to wind you something fat.

I'm gonna give that T90 a try that VC has. I've always been happy w/Bryan's pickups, like p90's, and think it will probably sound great in this very open sounding guitar.

You leave things outside on tables here, and you get cats

Maine Coon Cat FTW
Peaches ignores you, lowly human.

6C6B7716-898B-4657-9579-A809BAE28DE2-15028-0000179B950513F6.jpg

Welp, got the bg t90 coming this way from vintage clubbier - thanks vc :Wave:, appreciate you selling it to me. Never had a bad experience with bg-pups and I'm sure this one will be great.

I've been playing this guitar a lot. Will do a demo when I get the t90 installed.

Welp, got the bg t90 coming this way from vintage clubbier - thanks vc :Wave:, appreciate you selling it to me. Never had a bad experience with bg-pups and I'm sure this one will be great.

I've been playing this guitar a lot. Will do a demo when I get the t90 installed.

cool!

:Wave:

Nope, haven't built one in a while. I still have the carcass of a Marshall solid state head that I'm planning to build something hi-gainy into.

How 'bout you?

Was planning a Vee build for my father-inlaw, but warmoth stopped the Gibby Vee ....so I'm in a dilemma Wanting to also build him a tweed deluxe. He's a great guy but won't spend a dime on himself.

Back