Going orange - tele build

Got the body today. Not as orange as I would have liked, but it's not bad. Very light, which I like. I think it will be resonant. Two dings on it out of the box. If I really cared, I'd send it back but i suspect it'll have plenty of dings in short order anyway.

One set of dings, the other set is smaller. The ding is on the top edge. The thing that looks like a BIG ding in this pic is just reflection.

Neck fits GREAT - nice and tight and the screws lined up

You leave things outside on tables here, and you get cats

Mock-up with pickups

I have a seymour duncan hot rails for the bridge that I think I'm going to use in it.

Was it sold as a blemished guitar? If not, I'd at least ask for a part refund.

It IS a very cool guitar, though.

Was it sold as a blemished guitar? If not, I'd at least ask for a part refund.

It wasn't sold as a blemish, and I would say it should certainly qualify. It was $50, it's really not worth the hassle. Fwiw, the green strat body above was sold as a blemish, and the blemish on it was barely perceptible.

I found the thread baimun was talking about: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/fo...9-Be-careful-when-ordering-from-Guitar-Fetish

Yikes. I'd be a little miffed too.

Interesting thing though; that's the same color my strat is (the pic from the GFS site that is), and I bought my strat body as a blemish as well, was $30 or something like that. Only blemish it had was a minor scratch under the paint that's covered by the pickguard anyway.

I never found the first blem on that ash body. It's gorgeous! :shrug:

Got the body today. Not as orange as I would have liked, but it's not bad. Very light, which I like. I think it will be resonant. Two dings on it out of the box. If I really cared, I'd send it back but i suspect it'll have plenty of dings in short order anyway.

One set of dings, the other set is smaller. The ding is on the top edge. The thing that looks like a BIG ding in this pic is just reflection.

Neck fits GREAT - nice and tight and the screws lined up

You leave things outside on tables here, and you get cats

Mock-up with pickups

I have a seymour duncan hot rails for the bridge that I think I'm going to use in it.

:rawk:

Glad you got a nice looking body.

I still won't buy anything from them... but your guitar looks nice.

I actually like the orange you got better than the orange in the original pic.

Thanks guys. Haven't had a chance to work on it and probably won't this weekend. Hopefully get some time next week.

welp... found a little time this evening and made some progress.

Ferrules:

Bridge mounted (used strings to line it up. The string-through holes were lined up perfect. Drilled small pilot holes):

Controls. Did not drill screw holes, just punched them lightly and put the screw in. The wood is so soft they went in nice and tight.

Mounted neck pickup and ring. Again, didn't drill any holes:

When I put on the two e strings to line up the bridge, I took a few sample plucks on 'em and this body is very resonant, much like the strat made out of the same wood. I know this wood is soft, but damn I think it make for some nice sounding guitars.

I thought it stood for "Garbage for sale"

This

I've only ordered straps and a cable from them. Their top of the line instrument cable lasted about 6 months of basement playing and at the rate I play, that's probably like a week's worth of use.

I built this Tele with one of their bodies and a Mighty Mite neck. The body is light and resonant like pine. I installed American standard pickups and used a Wilkinson three barrel bridge, and it sounds great. Good luck with your build.

405889345.jpg

That is quite awesome :cool:

welp... found a little time this evening and made some progress.

Ferrules:

Bridge mounted (used strings to line it up. The string-through holes were lined up perfect. Drilled small pilot holes):

Controls. Did not drill screw holes, just punched them lightly and put the screw in. The wood is so soft they went in nice and tight.

Mounted neck pickup and ring. Again, didn't drill any holes:

When I put on the two e strings to line up the bridge, I took a few sample plucks on 'em and this body is very resonant, much like the strat made out of the same wood. I know this wood is soft, but damn I think it make for some nice sounding guitars.

Uh, oh...it's...it's...

...IT'S ORANGE!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:wink::grin:

:thu:

I guess I should never say I don't have time to work on a guitar. Found more time today, mostly done. Still waiting on the output jack, which was shipped from Canada, which is apparently really far away (like 1/2 mile from my house?). Anyways...

Got the bridge pickup mounted (and adjustable):

Strung up:

Headstock: (the guy I bought the '51 from sanded the logo off)

and outside:

Hopefully I'll receive the output jack soon - would like to hear it! Plays great. Intonation is as best I could with a snark tuner (lol).

Back