Going orange - tele build

wagdog

Ack
Just ordered one of these from gfs:

tele_co_new.jpg

I have a squier '51 in pieces with a really nice neck so I'm going to use it. Not really sure what I'm going to do for pickup configuration.

Ordered an electrosocket jack/plug from a vendor on ebay.

Also have a wilkinson tele short bridge
thumbnail.asp
which I'd like to use, but not really sure how that would work or look with the traditional bridge pickup route. I've also got a "regular" bridge if I can't make that work, bit would like to use that short bridge as it's been sitting around for a while.

I really like the feel and tone of the super-light gfs paulawonia wood strat I have, so I'm hoping this body is just as resonant.

I built one last year in that color - the "booty monster" for the 24 hours of Booty Cancer Fundraiser Cycling event.

definately very resonant! :thu:

I built this Tele with one of their bodies and a Mighty Mite neck. The body is light and resonant like pine. I installed American standard pickups and used a Wilkinson three barrel bridge, and it sounds great. Good luck with your build.

405889345.jpg

VC - I *almost* ordered one of those. I just wasn't crazy about the color in the pics and was hoping it was a little more green. Also not digging the binding for some reason.

In the end, I just decide to go orange.

B Valley - that looks awesome!

works for GE Smith...:embarrassed:

I wish they'd get that Rockabilly transparent orange tele body back in. They have it in the strat bodies.

I love the color orange... and teles... and that bridge... and I have one of those Squire necks.....

... but bodies from GF? :facepalm:

Apparently you missed my thread where I ordered one of those and a piece of guitar shaped Styrofoam that had been dipped in paint-like-plastic and then scratched all to hell.... probably thrown in a dumpster, pulled back out, then boxed and shipped to me. :mad:

Never again.

Apparently you missed my thread where I ordered one of those and a piece of guitar shaped Styrofoam that had been dipped in paint-like-plastic and then scratched all to hell.... probably thrown in a dumpster, pulled back out, then boxed and shipped to me. :mad:

I hear ya man. Definitely take chances ordering from them.

I really love the green strat I put together from them though, so I'm hoping for a repeat.

I like that orange tele body too, and I too am considering an orange tele build. I want a halloween themed tele, all orange and black, that would be pretty slick. As mentioned, I like GF hardware, but hear bad things about their other products.

works for GE Smith...:embarrassed:

I wish they'd get that Rockabilly transparent orange tele body back in. They have it in the strat bodies.

Is this the one you're talking about? It's out of stock now. Agree w/ya, would make for a great tele.

stpopro.jpg

This is nice as well, amberburst:

stmamb.jpg

I've yet to see them get that transparent green w/the maple top like my strat again either. I wish they had a tele like that 'cause I would have probably gone with that.

I dig that bridge! I'm not really sure how you could hide the route other than some sort of custom pickguard and I'm not sure a humbucker would fit in there without additional routing. I have heard some horror stories about GFS stuff like Baimun's, but luckily I haven't had a bad experience with them yet. The Chinese stuff is still hit and miss. Some of it is amazing and some of it is firewood. They need to get their shit together like the Korean factories.

Doesn't look too great.

see, i like that.

if i ever decide to remove the bigsby from my tele, i've got one of these in waiting.

as for GFS, i didn't buy mine from there but it's the same piece. their hardware is ok but i've heard too many issues about their bodies to consider one.

I love the color orange... and teles... and that bridge... and I have one of those Squire necks.....

... but bodies from GF? :facepalm:

Never again.

I've made 3 teles from their paulownia bodies and one ash strat body I got out of the blem section for like $35 shipped. I've never had an issue with any of them.

I've made 3 teles from their paulownia bodies and one ash strat body I got out of the blem section for like $35 shipped. I've never had an issue with any of them.

I found the thread baimun was talking about: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/fo...9-Be-careful-when-ordering-from-Guitar-Fetish

Yikes. I'd be a little miffed too.

Interesting thing though; that's the same color my strat is (the pic from the GFS site that is), and I bought my strat body as a blemish as well, was $30 or something like that. Only blemish it had was a minor scratch under the paint that's covered by the pickguard anyway.

Back