Do you discriminate against restaurants that don't serve alcohol?

I'm not really a fan of eating out anyway (sit down restaurant with server and all)....so no, doesn't bother me.

I can’t really think of any restaurants we go to that don’t.

If the food is good enough, I wouldn’t mind.

While I enjoy an IPA or glass of wine with my meal now and then I have no problem going to restaurants that don't serve alcohol and don't always order alcohol at places that do serve it.

It would depend. If they don't serve enough alcohol to justify a liquor license and their food is good then no I wouldn't. If they were obviously just pushing some moral agenda then yes I would.

Bro, I can think of a handful of places here where dogs are encouraged.
I just don't enjoy the experience and then having to tip on top of the meal. I want to eat and be done. I would rather pick something up and take it away or eat at home. If I'm out and about then I'd prefer counter serve or walk up/drive through.

I just don't enjoy the experience and then having to tip on top of the meal. I want to eat and be done. I would rather pick something up and take it away or eat at home. If I'm out and about then I'd prefer counter serve or walk up/drive through.

64473667.jpg

:embarrassed:

Reactions: Tig
Depends on what kind of meal it is. If Im getting breakfast, or if I have the kids along, I don't plan on having a drink anyway so it doesn't matter. On the rare occasion I get a dinner date with just me and the wife, sure, I'd like to order a cocktail.

Having said that, we've been out to eat so little since Covid started, who even knows anymore. Sounds like my (asthmatic) daughter should be vaxxable here in a few weeks, so that's gonna be a game changer in terms of our ability to dine out again

Yes and no.

Eating out culture here is quite different from anything I've experienced before. Warm lunch quite early in the day is a big thing, and dinners are usually very minimal affairs for most people. Any serious restaurant that's open in the evening serves alcohol, the only exceptions being take-away places with a few tables for the random people who want to sit there. A lot of restaurants here are "lunch" restaurants that close at around 5 or 6 though, so I'm really not that bothered if they don't serve alcohol, even though most of the nicer ones still do. If I'm going for a nice evening dinner though, I definitely would avoid any place that doesn't serve any alcohol.

Of course, living in a central area of the biggest city in the country in an area with a very high restaurant and bar density colours my opinion heavily.

Last edited:
Doesn’t really bother me.

I’ve got plenty of booze at home, and it’s on the dinner table frequently. And if we are feeling like wine will be important, then we’ll plan on going to a place that has a solid wine list, and will be taking a cab or public transit.

But do discriminate against drinking establishments that don’t serve food.

Either way is fine. If I'm going for dinner, it's really more about the food than the drink. That being said, I do enjoy a beer/wine/cocktail before dinner if it's available. But if it's not, it won't keep me from dining there.

No I don't discriminate either way, but I do avoid restaurants that over-serve since I do not enjoy sharing airspace with drunk assholes who can't act human in public settings...

Back