c'mon iPod

My ipod classic 160gb still works. And I continue to add new music to it all the time.

Interestingly, the first album I added was The Pogues' Rum Sodomy and the Lash in 2007.

J8ysLdq.png

And yesterday I added Poppy's first two albums.

When my iPod Classic 160GB died, I got this Fiio X3 2nd gen.

Great little mp3 player. It has a better DAC than the iPod, and can also play lossless audio files:

x3-3.jpg

The thing is a copycat though and looks it. The iPod was one of the greatest design thingy'severy....Steve and Apple were at their peak...the iPod is like the model T....changed the game

I have all my music backed up.....because I still have the CD.
CDs don't have an infinite life span. The aluminum coating will deteriorate after several years. Just how many years is highly variable depending on what manufacturing process was used, and the environment they are stored in.

CDs are not forever.

CDs don't have an infinite life span. The aluminum coating will deteriorate after several years. Just how many years is highly variable depending on what manufacturing process was used, and the environment they are stored in.

CDs are not forever.

By several years I’m assuming you mean over 35 years old. Cause many of mine are that old and they play great. And if that’s the case and 35 years was around the beginning of CDs being manufactured, then we haven’t seen what you’re talking about yet?? Maybe someone has, but I haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By several years I’m assuming you mean over 35 years old. Cause many of mine are that old and they play great. And if that’s the case and 35 years was around the beginning of CDs being manufactured, then we haven’t seen what you’re talking about yet?? Maybe someone has, but I haven’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so it had been so long since I used the thing I had to google up "how do I turn off a 4th gen iPod"....and then I forgot that the usb cable didn't actually transfer the audio like on an iPhone....yuou had to use the aux. jack so going back to work i got this...

IMG_0310.jpeg

Then when i got home i had to search around for a audio connector 2.5mm thingy or whatever they are. I finally found one in a box and went back out tyo the rig, plugged in and tested it out...Eno's baby's on fire came through loud and clear

The thing is a copycat though and looks it. The iPod was one of the greatest design thingy'severy....Steve and Apple were at their peak...the iPod is like the model T....changed the game
Nah, it uses microSD cards. The iPod Classic used a hard drive. Maybe the scroll wheel is similar, but that's about it.

Back