Am I the only one worried about 9/11 this year?

Letting go of fear is the most productive, life enhancing habit you'll ever form.

I don't mean to be some fearless nut. A certain amount is what keeps us alive! I'm talking about that nagging voice in your hear. No, not that head.
Oh, fuggedaboutit... :facepalm:
Great wisdom combined with humor. I love it.

They're rioting in Africa
They're starving in Spain
There's hurricanes in Florida
And Texas needs rain
The whole world is festering
With unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans
The Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs
South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like anybody very much

But this is for certain
That some ugly day
Someone will set the switch off
And we will all be blown away

"The Kingston Trio"

Apparently New Jersey transit was worried about it too. They had the whole transit police emergency services squad manning the stations.

Somebody was busted after they climbed over the White House fence and made it nearly to the house.
Sounds like it was a garden variety loon, though.

Somebody was busted after they climbed over the White House fence and made it nearly to the house.
Sounds like it was a garden variety loon, though.
I'm sure that shit happens all the time and there's more security there that If you fart anywhere near there,you're pants are pulled down and you're given a cavity search..

A few years back, our then Prime Minister,Jean Cretien, had someone actually enter his official residence while his family were there and Jean had to put the run to him.....

I once heard a comedian say that the dude must have got past the crack pot Mounted Police,(security), because he was on his tippy toes...

Last edited:
BTW -- if I never hear the term "the homeland" again, I will be more than happy. I find that terminology appalling: More akin to "Der Vaterland" and Rossia Matushka" than anything that belongs in a democratic republic...

I'm in midtown eating awesome tacos.

Sweet. I had awesome tacos yesterday.
They were awesome.

BTW -- if I never hear the term "the homeland" again, I will be more than happy. I find that terminology appalling: More akin to "Der Vaterland" and Rossia Matushka" than anything that belongs in a democratic republic...

Don't get political. cop0
We've been good for three pages. Don't lose it now!

Not really political -- simply semantic! That's a term tossed around by both D's and R's -- and I find it equally galling!

Not really political -- simply semantic! That's a term tossed around by both D's and R's -- and I find it equally galling!

I know. But the right thin skinned person will read into it what they will and call you either a left wing pinko commie and/or a right wing fascist pig then all hell breaks loose then Mark is pissed and we're all in the forum doghouse for stirring shit up. It's just messy.

I'm sure that shit happens all the time and there's more security there that If you fart anywhere near there,you're pants are pulled down and you're given a cavity search..

A few years back, our then Prime Minister,Jean Cretien, had someone actually enter his official residence while his family were there and Jean had to put the run to him.....

I once heard a comedian say that the dude must have got past the crack pot Mounted Police,(security), because he was on his tippy toes...
Didn't his wife give the intruder a run?

The CIA upgraded their estimate of ISIS fighters to 30,000. Now assuming all 30,000 could get here AT ONE TIME, they would have to pick their attack point pretty carefully. So you say, what if all 30,000 go to different places and then organize? They are surrounded. So what if they all get here and cause havoc individually..they are your trailer park rednecks and will likely be dealt with by the neighbors and trigger happy police... I am guessing anyone with a passport that went to/from Syria, Iraq,or any of the renamed-ibladistans, etc, is not getting a free pass into the US right now.

and it's 9/12.....and we're all still here.......and there were no nukes released here.......and there were no attacks.......and there's still a ton of construction on the roads......and the temps have taken a dive into fall.....and we have to play outside tonight and it will be down to 50°.........and........

and it's 9/12.....and we're all still here.......and there were no nukes released here.......and there were no attacks.......and there's still a ton of construction on the roads......and the temps have taken a dive into fall.....and we have to play outside tonight and it will be down to 50°.........and........

And I'm downtown in the financial district and it's still here. Just another day in paradise.

Back