Hey Euro's its that time again (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things that are pretty much mutually exclusive in the UK.

Edit: Actually proper weather and the UK are mutually exclusive full stop these days.

Aye. Let me tell you... when I were a lad... endless long, hot, summer days... before they 'ad coovered pitches...



Edit: ... and endless ranks of six foot six West Indians pinging it about yer ears...
 
Last edited:
Morning männer

Wok are you wearing orange today? I think today would be a great day to travel over the border to cheesy clog land. New King and all that. I was there last year on 'koniginnsdag'(?) and it was a great day.
 
Morning männer

Wok are you wearing orange today? I think today would be a great day to travel over the border to cheesy clog land. New King and all that. I was there last year on 'koniginnsdag'(?) and it was a great day.

Nah, not wearing Orange, as I am not really in favour of royalty. Not that I am really that bothered, apart from the fact that they are a bunch of benefit scrounging toffs :embarrassed:

Seriously though, Koninginnedag is one of the few days in the year I miss Holland (and there aren't many), just such a great atmosphere ( read: drinking a lot of booze in the sunshine ).

Anyway, this happened near my daily work commute (just to put things in perspective:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-22348928
 
Morning all :Wave:

Off to get the ma-in-law's lack of hot water sorted out. The wise money is on me pottering about scratching my head for about ten minutes and then telling her she needs to 'phone the gas man. :embarrassed:
 
Nah, not wearing Orange, as I am not really in favour of royalty. Not that I am really that bothered, apart from the fact that they are a bunch of benefit scrounging toffs :embarrassed:

Seriously though, Koninginnedag is one of the few days in the year I miss Holland (and there aren't many), just such a great atmosphere ( read: drinking a lot of booze in the sunshine ).

Anyway, this happened near my daily work commute (just to put things in perspective:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-22348928

The first thought that entered my head was "why was a 13 year old kid out and about at 10pm'? Still, really sad.
 
Ha! Boiler 0 : the_huge 1 :thu:

Today is a day of deep joy because huge_jnr has been down to the JobCentre to sign off the dole. Having been unemployed ever since finishing his degree, he's really excited to be starting a job next week. Heart swells...
 
Morning all :Wave:

Ha! Boiler 0 : the_huge 1 :thu:

Today is a day of deep joy because huge_jnr has been down to the JobCentre to sign off the dole. Having been unemployed ever since finishing his degree, he's really excited to be starting a job next week. Heart swells...

Congratulations on both counts :thu:
 
Afternoon :Wave:

If I wasn't such an absentee, I would be able to share with you all my most recent cricket-captaincy adventures, and offer you an exciting pre-release glimpse of my shopping-list. *shrugs*
If I had a video camera I could share with you the excitements of my laundry and hoovering action!
... or record myself playing 'Little Wing' over the enchanting drone of the BBC West Midlands commentary. :shrug:
 
Last edited:
Afternoon :Wave:

If I wasn't such an absentee, I would be able to share with you all my most recent cricket-captaincy adventures, and offer you an exciting pre-release glimpse of my shopping-list. *shrugs*
If I had a video camera I could share with you the excitements of my laundry and hoovering action!
... or record myself playing 'Little Wing' over the enchanting drone of the BBC West Midlands commentary. :shrug:

In other words, it didn't happen.
 
ps What happened to Mo? Not seen him here for ages :shrug:

Mo's been really busy in "real life". I spoke to him on Facebook last week and he is fine but doesn't have much forum time ATM. He'll be back though when things settle down.
 
Mo's been really busy in "real life". I spoke to him on Facebook last week and he is fine but doesn't have much forum time ATM. He'll be back though when things settle down.

I expect another banking crisis soon :(
 
Mo's been really busy in "real life". I spoke to him on Facebook last week and he is fine but doesn't have much forum time ATM. He'll be back though when things settle down.

I expect another banking crisis soon :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top