The new BS thread that Mark forced us to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A day away from Mom and a few drinks later, I'm feeling better. It's best that I avoid her. I know it sounds cruel. But it's true.
 
Being useful helps.



Nothin. Just sayin




I dunno. When you're a dumbass like me, people have lower expectations so its easy to surprise them when you actually accomplish something.

Plus it keeps them from asking you to do shit in the first place. I learned that when I got married.

Sent from The Nether
 
So whether you got the German-American Mother blues or not, I gotta recommend a TV series. ""House of Cards" is a Netflix production. Only the first 7 episodes are out but we watched all 7. I think this is the best written drama on TV. It is the best drama I have seen in the last couple years. Give it a shot if you have Netflix.
 
200808271106.jpg
 
No doubt. I was playing off the stereotype that all shrinks blame mothers. Just being (not quite so) funny. :eek:

A big part of my work is getting people to take personal responsibility. You can't control what others do, but you can control how you deal with it.

That said, there are some mothers...

I have this hunch that most of your clients are blamers who self medicate.
 
Went to the local GC today. Took along the Kustom powered speaker I got for the POD to return. Also took the acoustic drum set and a couple other cheapo things. Picked up a TC Electronic Flashback x4 delay/looper, and also got a clearance LP Jr Special HB for $499. Unfortunately, the LP has a big time static problem, and worse is a neck that has a slight hump, and won't adjust out :(. I put a new set of strings, and set it up properly, and even loosened the truss rod as much as it will safely go, but I can't get any relief that will eliminate all the buzz. It's going back tomorrow or Friday, and I'll get something else in the price range.
 
I swapped the pickups in my Carvin CS-4 with a BG Lizard/Smokestack set. I can't tell if the pickups are out of phase or not. When the switch is in the middle position the sound is thinner and more articulate. But there isn't much volume loss. So I guess it really doesn't matter because it works for me.
 
Need to go to Zales today. Probably last chance before Valentines Day. It's in the mall, across the street from Joliet GC. Been checking, nothing interesting to see, guess I can't wait any longer.

For Christmas, wife wanted a charm necklace. Pandora is a brand of cham braclets, and charms. She liked the charms in Persona, Zale's charms. She went on line, picked what she wanted, I printed it out, and went to the mall. Couldn't find Zales in the mall. There is no Zales in the Bradley, IL mall. Closest was Joliet. They didn't have the necklace she wanted. I bought something else, and a bunch of beads, and charms, and gave it to her for Christmas, she didn't like the necklace. Ordered the one she wanted online. Brought the first necklace back to Joliet, and bought more charms. Anniversary is Jan 12. Got the new necklace, "the stopper beads", that I bought before Christmas small, cheap, simple, that take up space, don't fit new necklace.
 
I got Carol a Valentine's card. She'll tell me what she wants for a gift. That's how we do it; it saves wear and tear and unwanted gifts.
 
My wife and I are spending Valentine's day at the hospital getting our 1 year old an MRI for hydrocephalus. Super fun!

Sent from The Nether
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top