You people are in trouble. There's more of me.

So you aren't the president of the I hate Strats club.

I am disappointed you didn't have the first response.

I thinks strats are darn near perfect. My only issue with the design is that the volume knob is too close to the strings.

I've seen you say you hate them. I get that loud and clear. What I haven't seen from you is a rational explanation why. Care to share?

I have one. It was my first electric guitar. I'll never get rid of it for that reason, but I very rarely play it.

I've seen you say you hate them. I get that loud and clear. What I haven't seen from you is a rational explanation why. Care to share?

I have one. It was my first electric guitar. I'll never get rid of it for that reason, but I very rarely play it.

I dislike how they look, though I've gotten more accustomed to them over the years. It really comes down to the nasally 2 & 4 positions. I play them well, and like the volume knob spot. You have the right hand technique to master it and most don't. But given that I hate their sound, I'll stick with my telecaster.

The 3 Rules of Howie:

1. Play what works for you. Don't get wrapped up in what brand or style or price range the instrument is. If it works for you, that's all that matters.

2. All headstocks are beautiful (relates well to rule #1).

3. Fuqastrat. Never mind rules 1 and 2. A Strat can go fuck itself in its stupid fucking meathead face. It only works for you because you're a physical freak with weird hands, shitty ears and bad eyesight.

So it is written.

:tongue:

The 3 Rules of Howie:

1. Play what works for you. Don't get wrapped up in what brand or style or price range the instrument is. If it works for you, that's all that matters.

2. All headstocks are beautiful (relates well to rule #1).

3. Fuqastrat. Never mind rules 1 and 2. A Strat can go fuck itself in its stupid fucking meathead face. It only works for you because you're a physical freak with weird hands, shitty ears and bad eyesight.

So it is written.

:tongue:

Make no mistake, I can play the fuck out of a strat without knocking the controls. I hate how they sound and look. :embarrassed:

I dislike how they look, though I've gotten more accustomed to them over the years. It really comes down to the nasally 2 & 4 positions. I play them well, and like the volume knob spot. You have the right hand technique to master it and most don't. But given that I hate their sound, I'll stick with my telecaster.

I can see that.

I'm not a terribly big fan of the look these days, but still think they are one of the most versatile guitars around given that they are a great platform for modding. I've got mine back to stock now and only really pull it out when I want that quacky 2 & 4 position sound. :) That translates to the occasional studio session if they don't have a better option available, which is rare, or if I'm doing a funk gig with another guitar player that doesn't play a strat.

Yeah -- this tone is so terrible it should be outlawed: :rolleyes:

I'm a big tele aficionado myself, but there are some things that it would be difficult to do without a strat.

2 and 4 ALL NIGHT LONG BABY!!

I love Strats, as evidenced by the fact I have 4 of them. I like all the pickup positions for various things.

Some people don't dig the middle by itself, but there's no better place to get a funk rhythm sound or to nail the classic Trower sound.

I'm in N, N/M or B/M 90% of the time, though.

Yeah -- this tone is so terrible it should be outlawed: :rolleyes:

I'm a big tele aficionado myself, but there are some things that it would be difficult to do without a strat.

Those things aren't worth doing. Especially if they include RHCP. :embarrassed:

I don't hate Strats at all. A lot of my all time favorite players use them. I have owned probably 10 over the years and several were really great ones.

But I just never bonded. So I quit trying. I like Teles. I love guitars with filtertrons and P90s.

It's a love hate thing with me.
I like the shape and most Strat necks.
I love the single coil neck tone, and the chime that the springs/trem delivers. Not that crazy about the rest of the sounds on a trad Strat. Even if you deck the gem still kinda a bitch to restring.
Not to crazy about the knob layout and don't really care for the vibrato as far as functionality, prefer a Bigsby, or better yet no vibrato at all.

Back