Work boots, because there's no kill like overkill

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kelly, Aug 2, 2012.

Aug 2, 2012
  1. Kelly n00b

`So i'm in the market for new work boots. My old ones are good and all, but I'm starting to think it's time to retire them. I've been wearing them since Freshman year of high school. I've been out of high school for well over a year now.

I'm going to be standing in them most of the time for a long time, so they have to be durable.

Criteria include, but is not limited to;
    Full-Grain leather, a must
    Steel Toes, not a must, but a desire, you'd be surprised how useful they can be in a retail environment.
    Thick soles.
    Good ankle support
    Excellent Arch Support
    Cushyness is desireable.

AND GO!

2. Aug 2, 2012
  3. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

Desert Boots /thread.

4. Aug 2, 2012
  5. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

I would suggest Red Wing since they are probably the gold standard of work shoes but they are also very expensive - and not exactly stylish if that plays a part in the choice. They just make about the best true work boots available.

6. Aug 2, 2012
  7. Lerxst spaghetti and blankets

8. Aug 2, 2012
  9. reverend1 n00b

10. Aug 2, 2012
  11. bcryant burnt toast

After years of working in factories I swear by Terra.
    [​IMG]

12. Aug 2, 2012
  13. cfgsteak n00b

this

14. Aug 2, 2012
  15. Scott Powell Blackmore Wannabe

16. Aug 2, 2012
  17. Prages User Error

There is never any reason to wear steel toed work boots in a retail environment...unless you're either selling heavy machinery or work boots.

18. Aug 2, 2012
  19. Gary Blanchard Luna-tic

Kicking customers in the balls requires steel toed shoes.

20. Aug 2, 2012
  21. Kelly n00b

This post wins all of the awards.

22. Aug 2, 2012
  23. Athiest_Peace Angry Amoeba

i swear by my Carolinas. They've actually lasted longer than my last pair of RedWings. And at about half the price. Still they are $130 boots. But when you work 10-14 hours daily and the only wear is slight scuffs and a broken lace after 13 months, I'd say they are worth the money.

http://www.carolinashoe.com/Product?stockNo=CA9559

24. Aug 2, 2012
  25. Kelly n00b

Also, Prages, i work in a thrift store where we sell a shitton of furniture and old TVs. you ever had a 27-inch CRT fall on your foot? It isn't a fun experience.
    Hence the Steel Toes.