Dig it! Willie Nelson and His Famous Guitar: The Tale of Trigger

Tig

Fucktangular
Worth watching even if you don't like Willie or his guitar.

Willie-Nelson-Naked-Willie-Trigger-300.jpg

imgext.php

Saw him on Austin City Limits just recently on their anniversary show.. very raw... but cool

My mom listened to him a lot when I was little. I've always liked Willie Nelson.

Carol hates Willie Nelson, but all she really knows of him is All The Girls I Loved Before. She won't give anything else a chance. :rolleyes:

Red Headed Stranger is one of those perfect albums, like Dark Side of The Moon, that when you put it on you don't want to miss a second until it's over.

Reactions: Tig
It's un-murrican to not like Willie. cop0

Just what I was gonna say.

You don't have to be a BIG fan to like Willie Nelson. I'm not and I do. :)

I worked with a guy last year that went to play once on Willie Nelson's golf course outside Austin, TX. When he got there, the place looked deserted. He wandered around looking for an employee, then spotted an old man sitting beneath an umbrella smoking a "cigarette". He asked for help and the old man said, "Head over to the pro shop and ask for Fran. He'll set you all up."

As he turned around towards the pro shop, he stopped dead in his tracks and cried out, "Mr. Nelson?!?! Is that you?" Whereupon the old man took the "cigarette" out of his mouth and replied, "The name's Willie!"

I bet every time Henry J. sees Willie holding Trigger he cries thinking about all the $25,000 relics he’s not selling because Trigger’s a Martin.

Before the IRS issues, Willie owned a water front house in Nassau Bay, my old home town. We saw him out on his boat occasionally, but I never got to meet him. Those who have always say he is a genuinely nice man.

Maybe the buds help...
willie_nelson.jpg

I don't speak country music, but I watched this on Tig's say-so and learned that a battered nylon-string Taylor guitar is the very best way to bring the Django sound to your stoner country jams. I intend to apply this knowledge at the next opportunity, which is currently scheduled for "never".

I started out playing Rock and Pop in the 60's and even though I was mostly raised in the South I didn't connect with Country until Willie went outlaw. That was when I realized the kind of music I should have been playing all along.

Reactions: Tig
Back