Dig it! Willie Nelson and His Famous Guitar: The Tale of Trigger

When I was walking through the airport when I arrived in Austin late Sunday night there was a Willie poster. He was beardless and there was a small...pinky-nail sized...hole below the high E. It was the "newest" I'd ever seen Trigger.

So I checked out Red-Headed Stepchild on the Spotifies, and wouldn't you know: that's actually some fine music notwithstanding denominations. This is the first thing I've liked you could call "country" since the Cowboy Junkies, and they were the first thing since Nashville Skyline although not necessarily in that order.

11002588_10153207722298825_2818443407771945151_n.jpg

So I checked out Red-Headed Stepchild on the Spotifies, and wouldn't you know: that's actually some fine music notwithstanding denominations. This is the first thing I've liked you could call "country" since the Cowboy Junkies, and they were the first thing since Nashville Skyline although not necessarily in that order.

Willie transcends labels. He's among the very best songwriters ever. He could play fucking disco music if he wrote as well as he does and I'd still listen to it.

Back