Question: Why do so many people hate blue guitars?

I've never seen this blue guitar hate. Were you maybe thinking of blues?

I think it started with jello's "blue guitar fail" remarks and I saw a few others.
Maybe it was more people reacting to silly guitars and the finish color got mentioned and formed that perception for me.
I've been wrong before.

I think it started with jello's "blue guitar fail" remarks and I saw a few others.
Maybe it was more people reacting to silly guitars and the finish color got mentioned and formed that perception for me.
I've been wrong before.
It's kind of funny the increasing way that people call something a fail because it's not to their taste. Then as a result, we see a few of those and get this impression that there's all this widespread vitriol directed at it. God bless the internet.

It's kind of funny the increasing way that people call something a fail because it's not to their taste. Then as a result, we see a few of those and get this impression that there's all this widespread vitriol directed at it. God bless the internet.

We've been at this for a long time. I guess if someone isn't in on the joke, then they should be persecuted for being a NOOB. :tongue:

Pelham Blue
Lake Placid blue

Two of my faves.

normal_000_2821.jpg

FEnderCustomshop60JazzLPB-4.jpg

I don't like flamed guitar tops, but I especially don't like blue flames, because they fall in the uncanny valley of looking too much but not enough like water/sky. I might have been one of the people badmouthing blue guitars in the past, but I would be referring specifically to highly figured wood, and would have said it about most non-woody colors.

Back