Achtung! Who else here has a watch fetish?

Bought this one yesterday. It is very subtle.

IMG_2273.jpeg
 
I love real watches (no digital crap or apple watches).... but I'm also a clumsy doofus. The last two nice watches I've owned I did heinous things to like chipped the corner of the face crystal or ruined multiple bands.

I now admire them from afar.... like other people's horses and dogs. :helper:
 
I love real watches (no digital crap or apple watches).... but I'm also a clumsy doofus. The last two nice watches I've owned I did heinous things to like chipped the corner of the face crystal or ruined multiple bands.

I now admire them from afar.... like other people's horses and dogs. :helper:
I want a nice, waterproof digital watch. One that can be used as a stopwatch too. I would welcome the watch being smart. Logging how far a walk, hike, kayak or bikeride is would be neat.
 
Bought this one yesterday. It is very subtle.

View attachment 123921

Ooh, I like it. Especially the day of the week across the top.

I'm currently (still) sporting a decades old Timex Ironman. Wanted to pick up a Garmin Forerunner as a little motivation to get me back into running (and the 165 was on sale), but between ranch bills and house bills and some shaming about how I always want the expensive thing and this cheaper thing is good enough for me, well, I'll just stick with this for now.

tmex ironman.jpg
 
Well crap, my Ironman is goobered. I replaced the battery not too long ago, and re-installed all the seals, but a couple of days ago it started showing some condensation under the crystal, and now the lcd is completely unreadable. Can still make out a couple of segments across the whole face sometimes. Didn't get it wet, so maybe something internal went kablooie? Bummer.
 
Broke this one out yesterday. Ball StormChaser. The way it works is you start the chronograph when you see lightning flash. Then you stop the chronograph when you hear the thunder clap. The hand lines up on a number on the Telemeter bezel ring. That number is how far away the storm is in km. I thought it was kind of cool. Not sure how useful it is....but it's different. I don't wear this one very often. But it sure is pretty!
1791038686037.jpeg
 
OK, getting to the end of the collection soon, I promise.

Hope you guys are enjoying these....

Went with something different today.
The first automatic watch I ever purchased. Holds a lot of sentimental value. I've had it rebuilt once. It could stand to be polished, that's for sure....

PXL_20261009_231845955.jpg


Raymond Weil Parsifal Mother-of-Pearl Day/Date.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top