where do we stand on Chowder ?

I see it as it's own entity...,it's simply Chowder. It's probably most closely related to stew but I believe stew need a meat in it to fit the classification. @Kerouac could probably shed some light on it.

And, more importantly, red or white?

This food truck is on our street for super bowl week that has dynamite chowder sandwiches.

I love clam chowder, and refer to it just as clam chowder. Growing up in an area where we dug clams for free on the beach, I love chowder. I prefer white. Not too much potato, but enough, no corn, not too, too thick.

Unacceptable.
Well, if I did, I would 'chowder' all over the table.

I'm not allergic, though. I just can't manage the texture of most seafood.
I've tried. Any that I've managed to umm... manage didn't impress me enough to be bothered again.
I've had mussels, lobster, crab legs, shrimp, scallops, calamari.
I'll still eat it on occasion, but nothing about it makes me WANT it.

Throw it all into an opaque broth so that I have no idea what I'm eating and every bite is a surprise texture, and No. Not going there. That's 'chowder' time.

Well, if I did, I would 'chowder' all over the table.

I'm not allergic, though. I just can't manage the texture of most seafood.
I've tried. Any that I've managed to umm... manage didn't impress me enough to be bothered again.
I've had mussels, lobster, crab legs, shrimp, scallops, calamari.
I'll still eat it on occasion, but nothing about it makes me WANT it.

Throw it all into an opaque broth so that I have no idea what I'm eating and every bite is a surprise texture, and No. Not going there. That's 'chowder' time.

#FailsAtFood

Back