What is your daily driver?

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
What is your daily driver car - the one you take to work and back everyday if you don't live in NYC?

Mine is a 2002 Honda CRV - 110,000 miles. Owned it for four years now. Decidedly unsexy but it is reliable and I love the AWD in the winter. Great for hauling stuff as well.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe. Big enough for my gear (with full PA), decently enough powered for my needs even with a 4 cyl engine and the base model (which this is) is incredibly well appointed. Its probably my favorite vehicle of the ones I've owned including 6-7 other Santa Fes, a Toyota Truck, Ford Mustang and that fucking Suburban.

Last edited:
Nice hat......

How have you liked that?

I absolutely love it. I added the text to the post after I posted the pic from my phone but it really is a great car. The temporary one I had with the turbo was REALLY fun to drive but out of my budget.

1994 Mazda MX-3, 127,777 miles. (I know the exact mileage because it caught my eye this morning on the way to work.)

Daily for realz
Mn1wnGR.jpeg

2014 Toyota Tundra. First full sized truck I have ever owned, and honestly, I have no idea how I have lived this long without one.
truck3.jpg

Where the hell is my flying car? We were promised these decades ago. :old:
jetsons-car.jpg

Until then, we're stuck with the 2008 Civic. They are affordable (was important at the time) and reliable, but I sure wouldn't recommend them. At least it's been paid off for several years.
2008-Honda-Civic-Coupe-EX-L-5-Spd-AT-w-Navigation-System-3.jpg

I really like the 2013 Ford Escape Ti. The turbo kicks all kinds of ass and is fun to drive, plus it has enough room for most crap.
71281242.jpg

2005 Chevy Malibu Classic, 166k miles (ish).

Been through two batteries, three sets of tires, a couple of sets of brakes, and a faulty ignition switch, but it's really been a great car for me, despite its humble origins as a rentalfleetmobile.

2012 mazdaspeed3 in silver. Modded a bit to produce 300 hp at the wheels. A fun car that is plenty fast enough for a daily commuter car. I think I only have about 25K miles on it.

2012-MAZDASPEED-3-Silver.jpg

And I also spend a good amount of time driving the wife's 2010 Jetta diesel wagon. Paid for and still reliable at 70K miles.

2010-volkswagen-jetta-sportwagen-tdi.jpg

I love cars, and would love something different/fancier, but there are both very useful vehicles that work well and are reasonable with 2 college funds and retirement to consider.

Last edited:
2007 Toyota Prius. It is a great little car, easy to handle in traffic and park. And, most importantly, has a great-sounding stereo.

Plus, it can easily achieve speeds in excess of 17,000 mph. :rawk:

@Mark Wein, isn't the Hyundai Santa Fe the same car (basically) as the Kia Sorento?

If so....those ARE nice cars.
Yeah...Kia is the "sister" cmpany of Hyundai and they are the same platform. I think my car was actually made in the Kia plant in Green Point, GA insdtead of the Hyundai plant in Alabama or in Korea.

Speaking of the mighty Pathfinder, I am on my way to pick up 4 brake rotors, 2 sets of pads, and 6 Iridium spark plugs for it.

Cha ching.

I have a 2000 Nissan Altima in "Titanium Frost" (i.e. grey). I have 142.9K miles on it, and the only nod towards "fun" or "sport" is the five-speed manual transmission. Oh -- and the speakers are blown. However, it gets me where I want to go and seems to refuse to die.

Back