What are you listening to this week?

Danny Gatton Licks and Tricks. I couldn't post a link for some reason

Oh that is the first VHS that Danny did. I remember talking to him back in 93 and he upset that he never got a penny from that project. After he passed, his mother managed to get the remainder of stock and sold them on Danny's website. I was lucky enough to buy one but never converted it over to DVD. He also did two videos for REH as well which thankfully DG got paid for it.

You got to meet him?? Awesome!! Sad he got ripped off. Seems to happen a lot in that business. Brent Mason said he got ripped off by a guy when he did a lesson series.

R.E.M. - Fables Of The Reconstruction
51RSDECKASL.jpg

I'm kind of re-discovering The Doobie Brothers today. My wife was watching the CMA awards the other night and they closed the show (Michael McDonald was even with them, go figure). Back in high school, one of my best friends was a DB fanatic and we saw them live a few times back in the 70's. Anyway, listening to this 2010 release now...sounds like classic DB to me. Good to see Johnston back...clean, sober and making music again.

The_Doobie_Brothers_-_2010_World_Gone_Crazy_Album_Art.jpg

Right now listening to the new Pink Floyd on spotify. Better than I feared, and of course I'll be buying it. :thu:
Sounds like Floyd alright. :)

While waiting for the DVD to arrive, this....:embarrassed:
Almost as good as when I saw it in Tilburg. :)

Actually didn't like this tune until hearing it in the context of the album, not to mention hearing it live...

I believe Roine Stolt have most people beat in the most modded Thinline Tele category, didn't notice until seeing this vid it even has fanned frets on it (in addition to all sorts of piezo and other pickup trickery). :embarrassed:

Reactions: Tig
too much, I am having sensory overload. New Pink Floyd, New Foo Fighters, New Wilco and next week new Fugazi. Well the Fugazi and Wilco aren't really new, they are previously unreleased material.

Really is a case of too much at once. Floyd, Queen, Foo Fighters, new TA dvd and I'm sure I forgot something.
I like to play a new release almost to death before moving on to the next. :embarrassed:

Back