What are you listening to this week?

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Every Sunday that I take Jr to work I always have 88.1 KJazz on in the car/truck. During this time the station programming plays "Sunday's with Sinatra" and I have become hooked.

Well this past Monday before my Drs. appointment I stopped in at our local FYE and bought 3 used Sinatra CD's. I am really enjoying these.

I mean let's be "Frank" about it :grin:

I'm on a big Tom Waits kick right now. Have Orphans in the car today. And probably tomorrow and Friday, too (it's a long album).

Right now I am listening to Lucero's "Women and Work." I have Bob Mould's latest in my car. That has been stuck in there since I bought it and I don't see it coming out anytime soon.

Reactions: Tig
New:
Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun
Mastodon_-_once_more_%27round_the_sun.jpg

New to me:
The Secret Sisters - The Secret Sisters
(sum O'that danged 'Mericana)
61WGey70v-L._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

New:
Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun
Mastodon_-_once_more_%27round_the_sun.jpg

New to me:
The Secret Sisters - The Secret Sisters
(sum O'that danged 'Mericana)
61WGey70v-L._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

I saw The Secret Sisters open up for Nickel Creek and I just really don't get it. They mentioned they wired with T-Bone Burnett and my first thought was "REALLY?!"

New Mastodon kicks ass though. Totally_jammin_out

I've been listening to both of Caravan Palace's albums. Not generally a big fan of electronic music or swing, but electroswing is kinda cool.

I saw The Secret Sisters open up for Nickel Creek and I just really don't get it. They mentioned they wired with T-Bone Burnett and my first thought was "REALLY?!"

New Mastodon kicks ass though. Totally_jammin_out

Yep, the new Mastodon sounds really good. They have matured as a band, but keep things fresh by changing up each album.

The Secret Sisters first album (above) is pretty good. Nice harmonies and an earthy style.
The latest is really different, taking on a new direction that isn't a good one, IMO. That's the album T-Bone produced.

Yep, the new Mastodon sounds really good. They have matured as a band, but keep things fresh by changing up each album.

The Secret Sisters first album (above) is pretty good. Nice harmonies and an earthy style.
The latest is really different, taking on a new direction that isn't a good one, IMO. That's the album T-Bone produced.

I didn't realize that one was their first. The announcer at the show talked up their harmonies and while they're definitely good, they couldn't hold a nickel to well... Nickel Creek. :embarrassed:

Reactions: Tig
Tom Waits yesterday; a quasi bootleg called Dimestore Novels Vol. 1. Hated it at first but warming up to it.

Today it's Rick Holmstrom.

Got some old Klaatu on vinyl, digging "Anus of Uranus" and "True Life Hero". Rediscovered Deep Purple "Made in Japan", Blackmore is in fact, quite good.

Rediscovered Deep Purple "Made in Japan", Blackmore is in fact, quite good.
My first concert was Deep Purple on that tour that became this record. My fav Deep Purple record. I was an exhausted 14 yo and Space Truckin' seemed to go on FOREVER.

Back