What are you listening to, right this minute, right this moment?

Time to do a thread rescue on this one. :embarrassed:

Ran across this one again. Quite a reminder how good those guys once were.
Maybe technically better now, but their recent albums bore me to tears. Sad. :(
Good to see John without the ridiculous Life of Brian beard as well. :embarrassed:

That album is still one of my faves though. The perfect marriage between prog and metal imo.
Think only the Swedes in Opeth and Pain of Salvation have come close since that.

Eagerly awaiting the new Wintersun album that's supposed to be released sometime this year (not Time II, though :( )

Anyways, I was on youtube re-watching the Wintersun @ Sonic Pump Studios videos, and came across this band, Frosttide:

Sounds very much like a mix of Wintersun, and early Ensiferum (Jari Maenpaa's band before he left and formed Wintersun).

They have this and a 2nd album out already. I just can't find this one on cd anywhere for a reasonable price. Amazon sellers have it for like $70+, screw that :mad:

Right now the shuffle is playing "Sister Justice" from Warren Haynes' solo album Tales of Ordinary Madness...

Not that anyone listens to what somebody else posts, but here goes:

Not sure how to categorize this song, sounds a bit like classic rock a-la Deep Purple-meets Spaghetti Western music.

Video is kinda cool & stylish. Odd, because Avatarium is generally a Doom/Black metal band, albiet with a female singer.

Back