WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know i've posted this before, but it deserves a repost if for no other reason than Will Lee's f'ing out of this world Bass playing.

if you listen to this several times it becomes very apparent that Will is driving this song.
you could take all the other instruments out and his bass lines would stand alone.

Last edited:
Steve Earle & The Dukes - Guy

Review: https://www.nodepression.com/album-...s-as-loving-tribute-to-the-man-and-his-music/
earleguy.jpg

Last edited:
I heartily recommend the new Jenny Lewis record On the Line. It reminds me, in its way, of Pavement’s Crooked Rain...not really sonically but in terms of how it uses and interrogates classic rock and uses those tropes as a bed for interesting lyrics and observations. It’s a nice sounding record that is fun and funny and heartbreaking.

Also, if you’ve not yet spent any time with the Better Oblivion Community Center record you should. Both Oberst and Bridgers benefit from the collaboration and the record is engaging and interesting throughout. Excellent narrative songs and a real old-time kinda songwriter record without too much dull craftiness.

i know i've posted this before, but it deserves a repost if for no other reason than Will Lee's f'ing out of this world Bass playing.

if you listen to this several times it becomes very apparent that Will is driving this song.
you could take all the other instruments out and his bass lines would stand alone.

I played that tune once. Went pretty well until after the 2nd verse, and then I promptly ran out of ideas. Next level shit that tune. :embarrassed:

Listened to the latest Ex Hex record It’s Real over the weekend.

The guitars are cool, but there’s not enough bass in the mix for the retro rock/new wave thing. And the lyrics and vocals aren’t quite ready for prime time. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back