WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best things ever.

Agreed! It is also one of the things that has taken me the longest to "get into." I liked it from the first play, but it took me several listens to be able to follow what was going on and really appreciate it.

I think I have posted at least 3 times over the last couple years, here or on another music forum, something like "I'm listening to 'Plugged Nickel' and this time I think I finally get it!" :grin:

And then there is the sound quality, which is excellent. Some sound people in 1965 really knew what they were doing when they recorded it.

Agreed! It is also one of the things that has taken me the longest to "get into." I liked it from the first play, but it took me several listens to be able to follow what was going on and really appreciate it.

I think I have posted at least 3 times over the last couple years, here or on another music forum, something like "I'm listening to 'Plugged Nickel' and this time I think I finally get it!" :grin:

And then there is the sound quality, which is excellent. Some sound people in 1965 really knew what they were doing when they recorded it.

Oh, absolutely. The recording quality from many 60s jazz albums is stunning. You can really hear the details.

One of the great things about the Plugged Nickel concerts is that you can totally sense that the audience didn’t know what they were getting. It’s a little humour, like Dylan going electric.

That quintet is my favourite Miles Davis. You should also check out Live in Europe 1968 from the Bootleg Series. Same band, a couple of years later, fantastic.

F5ED578C-D933-4AF5-A9B0-7D4D7BD2482A.png

Roine Stolt dropped the single for his upcoming album yesterday (seeing him live a week after the album comes out in November).
Imo nobody's better at doing the classic progrock stuff.

Wish Marco Minnemann was doing the live shows though. Blimey, what a drummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back