WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The stuff that Adrian plays while singing is insane...especially when playing against Fripp shifting it rhythmically in his "doubling". Belew doesn't miss a note vocally and isn't draw into falling in sync with Robert. That version of Crimson is one of the most outrageous group of musicians ever. And Levin harmonizing while playing the Stick...fuck me.

The camera work can pretty much eat a bag of dicks though. :thu:

BTW, Thrak is my favorite Crimson album. I enjoyed some of their stuff before Thrak, but it brought it all home. Now I like more their stuff, old and new, as a result.

The stuff that Adrian plays while singing is insane...especially when playing against Fripp shifting it rhythmically in his "doubling". Belew doesn't miss a note vocally and isn't draw into falling in sync with Robert. That version of Crimson is one of the most outrageous group of musicians ever. And Levin harmonizing while playing the Stick...fuck me.

The camera work can pretty much eat a bag of dicks though. :thu:

BTW, Thrak is my favorite Crimson album. I enjoyed some of their stuff before Thrak, but it brought it all home. Now I like more their stuff, old and new, as a result.

Absolutely. Some really outrageous stuff going on in that one, AND it's a really great song as well.

As for what my fave of their stuff is...it's all so wildly different, so guess it changes depending on mood.

Absolutely. Some really outrageous stuff going on in that one, AND it's a really great song as well.

As for what my fave of their stuff is...it's all so wildly different, so guess it changes depending on mood.

Agreed, but it was Thrak that made me realize how great they were/could be. The '90s were a huge era of growth for my ears and all sorts of start became clearer harmonically and certain albums helped open those doors. Thrak was one of those albums...landmark for me. They varying instrumentation and voices (both singers and as musicians) make Crimson's catalog one of the most interesting collections of music with Fripp as the common aspect. A truly unique band.

Buford, Levin, and Belew take them somewhere really special for me...especially all three of them.

Agreed, but it was Thrak that made me realize how great they were/could be. The '90s were a huge era of growth for my ears and all sorts of start became clearer harmonically and certain albums helped open those doors. Thrak was one of those albums...landmark for me. They varying instrumentation and voices (both singers and as musicians) make Crimson's catalog one of the most interesting collections of music with Fripp as the common aspect. A truly unique band.

Unique indeed. Love the way Belew and Fripp compliment each other as players as well, incredibly creative guitar players both of them.

and btw.....this is what a PAIR of Dumble Overdrive Specials sound like....when played by someone who knows how to handle them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back