WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Father John Misty and Lana Del Rey albums. Both unsatisfying in exactly the same way. So much for Trump angst making music good again. Not that bad politics and good pop music have ever really been that closely related.

I'm in a legitimately bad mood because of what a bummer these records are. Blech. It's like someone put the worst parts of my inner monologue to expertly crafted retro prettiness.

Listen at your own risk.

Talas - "Sink Your Teeth Into That". Live '84. Mitch Perry never got the due he probably deserved as a guitarist back then.

Latest Father John Misty and Lana Del Rey albums. Both unsatisfying in exactly the same way. So much for Trump angst making music good again. Not that bad politics and good pop music have ever really been that closely related.

I'm in a legitimately bad mood because of what a bummer these records are. Blech. It's like someone put the worst parts of my inner monologue to expertly crafted retro prettiness.

Listen at your own risk.

This nicely sums up how I feel about the latest FJM album:
http://thehardtimes.net/news/father-john-misty-cancels-concert-disappearing-asshole/

51Znrqx%2B7xL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back