Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Friday - stayed home with my sick 6 year old.

Saturday - worked in the morning, started feeling bad myself around noon and went to the doctor myself.

Sunday - sick day at home for everyone except for a quick trip to Target.

Yay.

Friday. Traded off the mesa.

Saturday. Worked on trimming out the kitchen then went to a wedding.

Sunday. Worked more on trimming out the kitchen and laid a carpet runner on the steps to the attic. Watching AMA show for a couple laughs. The off to bed. Having a stress test first thing in the morning.

Friday: Open Mic Night

392699_2271057904442_1488460623_32116565_275503433_n.jpg
386087_10150401178739235_758594234_7957379_1318213790_n.jpg

Saturday: Waited on Notre Dame Campus for Regis Philbin book signing, got a few books, ND and MSU both won. whooo hooo...

385531_2272543741587_1488460623_32117336_86135291_n.jpg

Sunday: Christmas lights and Hacienda Mexican restaurant for dinner. :tongue:
305265_2277061814536_1488460623_32119916_1859795559_n.jpg

Friday - Work then I went rock climbing with my Gf at a near by climbing gym. Came home and made shrimp pasta that was disgusting... Too fishy. Spent the rest of the night studying some Ruby concepts. Trying to add a programming language to my skill set and I'm really enjoying it.

Saturday - Spent some time by the beach, then the mall to look for a rug and chair and spent the rest of the night watching Brwaking Bad.

Sunday - felt like crap all day, hung some stuff up around the place, watched Mall Rats and watching Boardwalk right now.

Ohhhh Hacienda. :( Good stuff.

Friday, worked then went to rehearsal for the church band I recently joined. Did not go well. At all.

Saturday, went to my son's friend's birthday party outside of Chicago which took up the whole day. Ugh. I'm sooooo glad I live in the middle of nowhere again.

Sunday, played at church. Went about as well as rehearsal. :( I'm not really sure how to break this to the guy that runs the thing (despite his claiming he doesn't want to run the thing), but his guitar/amp sounds like shit, there's really no place for gain on 10 in a small church, he can't sing very well and his opinions about music are pretty off base. Liking Five Finger Death Punch and Volbeat doesn't make you a metal fan. Seriously, when I asked him what kinda metal he listened to, those were the only two bands he could name. :messedup: I sure wish I'd have talked to this guy more before joining/starting a project with him. Now there's other people to consider (at least one of whom is extremely talented) both in the band and not. Ugh. Crazy stuff. Relaxing now and hoping things go more smoothly than I'm anticipating.

Friday...worked, went to the hospital...

Saturday...went to the hospital, brought mom home, went to the pharmacy to score some narcotics, went grocery shopping...

Sunday...pissed off my brother by refusing to play golf, watched NASCAR, played with my Kindle...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Friday - Work then I went rock climbing with my Gf at a near by climbing gym. Came home and made shrimp pasta that was disgusting... Too fishy. Spent the rest of the night studying some Ruby concepts. Trying to add a programming language to my skill set and I'm really enjoying it.

Saturday - Spent some time by the beach, then the mall to look for a rug and chair and spent the rest of the night watching Brwaking Bad.

Sunday - felt like crap all day, hung some stuff up around the place, watched Mall Rats and watching Boardwalk right now.

:Wave:

Long time no see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday - worked, play a little guitar, watched tv
Saturday - went out to my brother's farm and put the car hauler up on jack stands. I'm pretty sure I broke one of my speed jacks in the process. Went home and bellyached for the rest of the day.
Sunday - fixed the gate to the backyard by replacing the half-inch screws in the hinges with 3 inch screws...
Did a little shopping.
Checked out a relatively new winery in the area: http://www.colaneriwines.com/
Great stuff! The Pinot Grigio is very unique.
We bought 4 bottles: 1 Pinot Grigio, 1 Gewurztraminer, and 2 of the Red Blend

It's pricey stuff, but not crazy. I think we'll find a couple of favourites in their list.

I hit my target weight (205) and celebrated with a small pasta dinner.

friday - went to 5 Napkin Burger and then saw J. Edgar. good movie, but definitely focused on his personal life, and that obviously made some people in the theater uncomfortable, because they couldn't stop giggling like schoolgirls.

saturday - lessons. i actually gave a piano lesson. i've been teaching an adorable 7 year old girl to play the guitar, and she's just lost interest in it. but she loves me and the mom is adamant about her learning an instrument. she's been screwing around with little Casio keyboard, so we decided to try the piano. we'll see how this goes.

sunday - bought a couple of new lamps for the living room, came home and watched the Chargers lose.

Friday - cant remember.

Saturday- won our last soccer game and wrapped up first place for the 5th/6th grade team. I can now say that we have the best team at the age group in the area and we did it playing 1 less game then the rest of the league.

Then held tryout for my U19 soccer team. Half the kids speak Spanish- I should have learned spanish back in school instead of Latin.I have no idea what they are saying.

Sunday- Outside yard work.

Friday bought a beer
Saturday drank the beer
Sunday bought another beer and drank it before the wife would drink it :lol:

Took Friday afternoon off to clean Casa Krashpad for impending inlaw visit.

Had band practice and parking detail @ church on Saturday morning, Here's a pic from the latter. And no the hat's not mine. The things I do to amuse the kids.

391778_10150410339403879_512618878_8506609_1670296761_n.jpg

Inlaws rolled into town Saturday afternoon but both were kinda sick so I sorta kept my distance.

Sunday morning was supposed to do two songs on guitar and one on mandolin. Scrapped the mando at the last minute and played guitar instead. On that song, there were 2 parts during the chorus, one for the men and one for the women. After running through the two parts separately, we got to sing as a round in the third verse, with guys/gals singing the two parts simultaneously.

But the girls' part is way more fun. Since I was singing off-mic [the ludicrous natural volume of my voice notwithstanding, that's what singing at the Hardback (the local original punk/indie club, 1990-2000, RIP) for years will do for you], I sang the girls' part anyhow.

For the postlude we just did a jam over some chords with me rocking out the whole time. However, the bulletin had said we were going to do a hymn for the postlude, haha! Surprise! Leader hadn't noticed the bulletin. Will probably catch flak for that. Stayed after until 3 p.m. for practice for Boar's Head (Christmas pageant) my son is in. Got some work done while they practiced. Stopped by the mall on the way home and son bought "LA Noire" at a video game store where he had some credit. Later I took him to a friend's for a few hours and then my wife and I and our little dog went to pick him up at 7. Fell asleep after dinner.

Saturday: Worked, went to see Leo Kottke in Mesa.
Sunday: Made chili and an apple cake with my little girl, went to dinner with a couple buddies and then saw Dave Mason in Scottsdale.

Friday - Worked. My kids had a slumber party, so when I got home, there were 4 girls ages 6 and 7 at the house. They freakin stayed up until 1 am. Then woke up at 7:30 am.

Saturday- made a huge breakfast for the slumber party, then took the girls home. Lounged on the couch for most of the day, then worked at night.

Sunday - watched some football, cleaned out half the garage and played some guitar.

Friday - not much.

Saturday- Went to Buffalo Bros. with my friend who wanted to check out a certain bass. I am not shopping but I wanted to try this:

1.jpg

Loved it! Really fresh, snappy tone. And a lot lighter than an older Dephi hanging next to it. It was in flawless condition except for the little bit of fretboard wear, which looks worse in the pics. The yellow is even brighter in person -- really don't like the color but it played and felt so good that I'd overlook it.

Also fell in love with this:

1.jpg

Great funky sound mah blooze. Thinner neck than I like but for $400 I am this close to getting it.

We also went to an art museum in La Jolla. Saw an exhibit of conceptual art dealing with space and light.(I know, hipster alert). Some cool stuff actually. One piece was a very narrow corridor (12" x 40') painted bright green. You walk through it and you are immersed in the green. When come out on the other side into a normally lit room, everything looked pink till your eyes adjusted. A really cool effect.

4ad06678.jpg

Friday: Went to a fundraising quiz for the special needs school my brother works in. Was fun but we were terrible.

Saturday: Played a tonne of MW3 during the day. Headed out for a few beers with my brother. My local had a terrible chick singing along to backign tracks so we went to a pub near his house, to find they had karaoke :facepalm: we ended up in a little room in the back where someone had left a cheap nylon stringed acoustic lying around so we started fucking around with it and before we knew it this little side room was packed with people coming in to request tunes and sing along.

Was an absolute blast, the karaoke host was not impressed :grin:

Sunday: Ended up heading back to the semi girlfriend's house on Saturday so woke up at hers, had pizza for breakfast :s then went to a local pub to try and catch a buddy who's hired me to DJ there in a few weeks before he heads off on holiday. Was planning on having 1 pint and working out the details, ended up staying out until the football was finished. Got to stop going out on Sundays completely, it's too easy to waste a full day in the pub without realising it. Came home and watched junk on TV.

I had a pretty good weekend. The last few weekends I've been busy replacing all of our upstairs windows so I was ready for some down time.

Friday - Grocery shopping, watched a movie with the wife. Smoked some pork.

Saturday - Little yard work in the morning, reheated said pork. Had some friends over to watch the PSU/OSU game. Ate a ton of good food, drank a ton of beer, had a good time.

Sunday - kinda hungover in the morning. Felt better by the afternoon, but decided that since I hadn't had a lazy day in quite a while I was gonna lay around on the couch and watch football. So I did. With periodic breaks to heat up leftovers from the day before. It was bliss.

Back