Today was a good day.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I got my very sedentary son out for a nearly 9 mile bike ride where he rode from our house to the Discovery Science Center without complaint and only started lagging on the way home. I'm very proud of him. :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 10.44.22 AM.png

11082578_10153263021802425_1619615184592495595_n.jpg

I also need to give a "Thank you" to @IamSeaDevil for the help with the bikes. My daughter is pretty close to riding without any help now, too :)

Last edited:
:cool:

I imagine getting kids to change habits like that could be one of the tougher things about parenting - you can only push 'em so far before it would be counter-productive.

I used to go down to Main Place all the time on my bike back in the day from roughly where you started your route, but I don't ever remember there being a trail like that. Of course I haven't lived there for almost 25 years, so I imagine some things have changed.

Mark - what app are you using for that GPS'ing? That's pretty cool. I've been using Strava or MiCoach but that looks pretty interesting in its own right.

Cool on the increasing distance for the rides.

Don't worry, I'd probably just visit to give your dog some milk bones.

If he enjoyed himself, you may be able to get him out regularly.
Actually we've been going out a few times a week...he really loves riding but I'm going to eed to find us another trail to ride on. The streets here are really unsafe..we have this trail and the Santa Ana river trail which goes to the beach.

Back