Thinking about starting an Eagles thread

Like so many bands, the Eagles started out great, had some excellent songs, got famous, turned into a douche party.

I don't hate the Eagles but I don't love them either. They had some great songsthat I enjoy but that's about it.
When they dropped "The" from their name is when I thought it pretty douchy.

5700665_orig.jpg

I don't hate the Eagles but I don't love them either. They had some great songsthat I enjoy but that's about it.
well......actually.....the "the" was never supposed to be there to begin with.
Glenn came up with the name and presented it to the rest of the guys and said "i've got a name.....Eagles". and they go...."oh yea.....THE eagles".....and glenn was like "NOOOOO.....not THE eagles......just eagles".
(i believe that was in the documentary....or maybe i was there, which ever. j/k)

Looks like you've succeeded in starting an Eagles thread. I don't have strong feelings either way but I can argue any side vociferously by rote if you like.

:confused:

It was always just "Eagles." I just looked at my albums and all of them (even the first) just say "Eagles." Not a "The" on any of them.

:confused:

It was always just "Eagles." I just looked at my albums and all of them (even the first) just say "Eagles." Not a "The" on any of them.
About a month or so ago there was a story on the radio about how they officially dropped THE from their title....idk

About a month or so ago there was a story on the radio about how they officially dropped THE from their title....idk
well......actually.....the "the" was never supposed to be there to begin with.
Glenn came up with the name and presented it to the rest of the guys and said "i've got a name.....Eagles". and they go...."oh yea.....THE eagles".....and glenn was like "NOOOOO.....not THE eagles......just eagles".
(i believe that was in the documentary....or maybe i was there, which ever. j/k)

Back